DVC Rentals & Covid

Hi all! Have a question and I’m hopeful someone on here has some experience/wisdom to share. I rented DVC points for a stay at the Grand Californian in January 2020. Has anyone had any experience with cancelations and getting there money refunded? I’m hopeful that things will be back up and running by January, but I am still concerned. DVC was booked through BookDVC.

In terms of a refund, unless you have cancel for any reason travel insurance, you are out of luck. What they will do is give you a credit for the amount you paid for your rental towards a future stay, if the resorts remain closed. If the resort is open, then there will be no consideration. All you can hope for is if you can get the rental agency to work with the owner to reschedule. I was in this exact situation for my WDW stay in July. We are going.

I have never heard of BookDVC but I was able to get a refund through David’s for my May 2020 stay. Not sure if even David’s will be doing refunds for January (2021 I presume :wink:) but I feel pretty confident Disneyland will be open by then. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like