DVC Opening

In case you hadn’t seen it:

This is the bit that stands out. Those already with stays already booked get a head start on the reservations for the parks, but whether they can guarantee entry to a park each day isn’t clear.

“ Because theme park capacity will be significantly limited as we welcome guests back to the magic, we will manage attendance through a new theme park reservation system that will require all guests to obtain a reservation for park entry in advance. At this time, we are temporarily pausing new ticket sales and Disney Resort hotel reservations so we can focus on guests with existing tickets and reservations (Disney Vacation Club members can still make new reservations). Existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders will be able to make reservation requests in phases before new tickets are sold; we’ll be reaching out to these guests soon to provide additional details. We will resume new ticket sales and hotel reservations after that period of time. Theme park reservations will be limited due to attendance limitations and will be subject to availability. More details about this new reservation system will be available soon.

Additionally, Disney Vacation Club resorts at Walt Disney World will reopen to members and guests and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will begin to reopen on June 22. Disney Vacation Club resorts in Vero Beach, Florida, and Hilton Head, South Carolina, will also open to members and guests starting on June 15. Plans to support required physical distancing as well as enhanced cleaning measures, along with a number of other safety and cleanliness protocols, will be implemented as part of this planned phased reopening. ”

It could be an issue for those with DVC stays though if you can only make reservations 30 days out. So if you can’t get them your points would end up in holding. Hopefully they can sort that out.

1 Like

Ahhh! I have my resort stay for October but no tickets yet. It looks like I can still buy now via Undercover Tourist. Should I pull the trigger?

I would hope that anyone with a resort stay would be given the opportunity to buy a park ticket, even if sales are technically closed.

There’s nothing yet to say if a resort stay without tickets is enough to be allowed to book park reservations. Either it should be or they need to offer the chance to buy tickets, otherwise there will be some seriously p**ed off guests.

And you should be Ok by October. I’m not sure that reservations will be needed by then. And even if they are, tickets will go on sale again befor then.

But if you want to be certain, maybe go ahead and buy. Don’t link them just yet.

1 Like

Last night I realized my rental I refunded was scheduled to begin June 23rd. For about 30 minutes I thought I could apply my August 18 UY to my September booking. I really think I will end up cancelling that reservation anyways but I feel like this is how all my 2021 point mismanagement (on my part) has been going😀

I bought them from UT last night! Didn’t want to chance it! I think I spent like $40 more through UT than Parksavers, but I got the hard tickets mailed so they are refundable for the next 90 days just in case. Now we wait and see how this reservation system shakes out.