DVC Moonlight Magic nights

Quick :raising_hand_woman: question
Why aren’t the upcoming Moonlight Magic events posted on the official WDW park calendar ? Or am I blind and missing it? 2/15 EC TIA

It’s on DVC site, newsletter, and all the bloggers are posting them

1 Like

They aren’t normally on the calendar bc it’s not available to the general public. It’s basically a private party.

4 Likes

Oh Yes, but they do list “special ticketed events “ and I thought this would be the same type of event.

But this isn’t a special ticketed event. DVC essentially rented out the place for the night and members are essentially just RSVPing to the event vs buying a special ticket.

3 Likes

I know the answer to this, but can someone confirm to me that this is a direct DVC perk only, no resale? Like, no one with resale has tried to sneak in successfully?

3 Likes

It’s what used to be blue card members perk only.

It’s only resale owners since 2016 who are restricted. There are members who bought all their points resale who still get those perks, including Moonlight Magic.

4 Likes

Glad to hear all DVC owners get this perk.

1 Like

Did you used to be able to just show up. No reservations required? That would be nice too

Understood. I always get mixed up which is blue and which is white so I default to “resale” even though I know there is grandfathering involved. Thanks!

3 Likes

Lol we are down to just a “y” now on the back of the disney app. “ Y ” as in yes perks eligible…

2 Likes

They don’t. It is restricted as @Jeff_AZ suggested. I was just pointing out that it isn’t quite as simple as direct vs resale.

Not that I remember. The reason for making people book is to restrict the numbers.

Members book trips specifically to coincide with MM dates and then cancel if they don’t get in. Which is why Sept 13th seems to be completely booked out across all DVC resorts - that’s the date of the MM event at DHS. Once that date was announced, members rushed to book a 1 or 2 night stay to be able to book MM on the earlier date (for those with an onsite reservation).

3 Likes

This. Pre-2016 resale owners are treated as direct.

As a 2018 resale owner I was flatly excluded from these events. Since buying a direct contract in 2021 I am now eligible.

The membership tiers/restrictions are very confusing sometimes!!

3 Likes

I’m sure somewhere on the DVC site it even uses the terms “direct” and “resale” owners. Possibly on the page about the perks of buying from them?

The small print tries to “clarify” the eligibility, but even there it isn’t 100% clear. I think that’s why they just revert to “eligible members” a lot of the time.

The terms blue card and white card were at least straightforward, you either had a blue membership card or you didn’t! I still have mine to use when I l need my membership number.

2 Likes

Yep something told me to buy in 2015. Grandfathered in on all perks and treated as a direct buy. Glad I did.

Although it’s tempting to sell my BCV resale contract at a profit. Disney emailed asking to buy my contract back as they did others.

2 Likes

Something told me to buy then too.
But my bank account said no dice.

2 Likes