DVC Field Guide-Free Resources

Hello Everyone. Many of you are familiar with my website, www.dvcfieldguide.com, but I wanted to make sure that you were aware of some free resources that may help you.

DVC FIELD GUIDE HISTORICAL ROOM (VILLA) AVAILABILITY.
Since 2018, I’ve tracked DVC room vacancies at the 11,7,5, 3, and 1-month windows for all DVC Resorts and accommodations. Here are the results of all 144 DVC accommodations. You’ll find them easy to use and helpful in determining which villas will have vacancies. DVC Availability Tables — DVC Field Guide

FINANCIAL COMPARISON-DVC MEMBERSHIP MODEL.
The model compares your existing vacation plans to DVC ownership. With just a few inputs, it will give you a cash flow statement and graphs showing your break-even point. The model has 2024 rack rates for every Disneyworld Hotel. If you stay off-property or compare vacations outside the Disneyworld bubble, you can input your current vacation cost. It’s a valuable model that gives you an idea of how the Disney Vacation Club membership will work for you. DVC Purchase Model — DVC Field Guide

SPECIAL POINT CALCULATOR
A point scenario model allows users to calculate point requirements for up to 10 different DVC vacations. Point Modeling — DVC Field Guide

Again, these are free resources. Feel free to download them. Have a great day

2 Likes

When you say you tracked availability since 2018, did you exclude any period during the Covid travel restrictions? Availability was affected for at least 18 months.

2 Likes

Hi Nicky,

I did eliminate the availability data for 5, 3, and 1 month windows during Covid. This data is excluded from my information. The 2022 and 2023 editions of the DVC Field Guide had a chapter devoted to my findings. Here’s the note at the bottom of the site.
“ Please note that some reservation booking patterns were distorted during the COVID-19 pandemic as DVC relaxed its cancellation policy. This temporary policy change affected the 5-month, 3-month, and 1-month bookings most. Therefore, the data collected for the following weeks was not used in the above availability tables: 5-months- August 16, 2020-August 29, 2021; 3-months-June 14, 2020-July 4, 2021; and 1-month- April 12, 2020-May 2, 2021.”

I may have a pdf on my findings if you want a copy. Thanks so much.
Jimmy

3 Likes

I thought I remembered seeing that before, but didn’t notice it when I followed the link this time. Which is why I asked.

So I’m not going crazy…… ummm, wait…… :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Speak for yourself! :crazy_face:

2 Likes