DVC Converting GF Rooms?

We may have been in a crappy room but it definitely had been part of the renovation, it had the Murphy bed, but if your planning on ordering food I would hold off if your in a studio until check in …the microwave was exceptionally small- like frozen breakfast sandwich only small coffee pot only held 4 cups and beverage cooler did not hold gallon sized container…

This is the exact room we received- kitchenette layout - we DID NOT book an accessible room but that’s where they put us.

Okay. So as I said, Pop and BLT both had the kind without a freezer section, so I assumed that’s what all studios have.

I am more concerned with keeping a quart of milk cold enough. I always stay in studios so I am used to the small refrigerator.

I have never been in a studio that did not make an 8 cup pot of coffee .

The Touring Plans photos show the regular coffee pot?

BWV studios have a “freezer” sleeve? I just put my water bottles there to be colder.

I think that SSR unit is a little different than the regular WL renovated rooms?

This was our first stay in SSR studio, and the others times were part of grand villas- so I can’t even comment on what lock off look like there…but yeah every other studio we have stayed in had real coffee pots-

OKW,VWL,BC & AKV

1 Like

https://fb.watch/9dj8OvPTHy/

No systematically being replaced

I watched that video with the sound off, you said that was an accessible room? What kind? I have stayed in hearing assessable and wheelchair assessable but what am I missing there?

The refrigerator and coffee pot are different?

The room is “ Florida accessible”

So main door had assistance - from the inside but the bathroom had standard tub/shower setup but with extra grab bars…

What type of coffee pods are there?

No idea - but standard regular Joffrey single full size pot - pack was provided…

Thankfully I travel with my Starbucks barista, (my son) and he took care of it

What section of the resort did you stay in?

From Disney (1 of 2): Welcome! Your room number is 8123 1st Floor The Grandstand . Use the app’s Unlock Door feature to go directly to your room.…

Thanks!

So trying to do the right thing and put thread back on track…my bad…

These new “resort” studios will not have any kitchenette?
But will sleep 5…
Any idea if they will follow they will be part of the blocked resorts for resale like Rivera or part of the original 14…

but they sell frozen meals in their DVC mini grocery store/sections… The freezer section in the mini fridge isn’t big enough to hold 2-3 of them (trying to remember the freezer part of our fridge in ALK-DS a few weekends ago.)

No kitchenette, just a “beverage station”.

They will be part of the existing GFV, and will likely be a bookable category.

2 Likes

Not sure. We stayed in a 1 bedroom at Boardwalk.

Yes…at twice the price.

1 Like

Split stay next week Dolphin then BWV studio

Will update on if it’s still got a freezer sleeve…