DVC Converting GF Rooms?

1 Like

Just read that.

Kind of crazy. But speaks to the popularity of that resort in particular I guess.

They need to do something with Poly to have other room categories besides studio and bungalow.

1 Like

The walking path to MK makes it more popular too.

It expires in 2064 so in 2022 it will have 41 years left? Current price: 255 a point?

Are they trying to prepare everyone for a $300 per point DLR DVC?

I just can’t stomach the GF or Riviera points charts!

2 Likes

The more I looked into the new tower at DLR and the high number of studios- hate to say it but totally uninterested in adding on there now…I am just not a studio fan and with limited numbers of the 2 bedrooms its just not for us - we usually travel as 5 adults…studios just don’t cut it.

Same goes for the new rooms at GF I just sent see us ever staying there

I am probably nuts but I like having the full kitchens- and I really cant stand these new beverage coolers instead of mini fridges.

This Disneyland Hotel expansion will include 350 units, which Disney has broken down as:

• 253 Dedicated Deluxe Studios
  • 38 “Pods” or Tower Studio Villas (a la Disney’s Riviera Resort)
  • 20 Dedicated Two-Bedroom Villas
  • 19 One-Bedroom Villas
  • 18 Two-Bedroom Lock-Off Villas
  • 2 Grand Villas
1 Like

What does this mean? How are they different. Both Pop Century and BLT Studio had mini fridges, but without any freezer section. Did they used to have something larger?

I keep wondering this too.

It would be super awesome if someone could post a photo

I just found this:

There is a photo of the WL one in this blog post:

These are the ones I first read that had warning stickers placed on them.

What is the warning?

Okay. Those look the same as what we had in BLT and POP.

Also, the pic is labeled “mini fridge” in that article, not beverage cooler :thinking:

The warning was that they were only coolers and would not keep food safe below 43 (?) degrees.

1 Like

No personal experience but I seem to recall some complaints about them not getting as cold as the mini-fridge (because they lack the freezer piece?). People who wanted things like milk just above freezing were frustrated.

Did they used to have the freezer part?

I could see Disney purposely doing this changeover because it keeps people from buying frozen meals from, say, Instacart, and keeping them in their room to microwave…forcing you to either buy more prepared food at their eateries, or paying higher prices for the frozen items in the resort’s sundries shop.

I am still looking for a clear picture but this is a screen shot from a July 2nd video shared on a WL Facebook page. You can see the sticker but not the text:

1 Like

There is no longer even the tiny freezer section with the new beverage coolers…For us this was important we travel with ice pack for medical purposes.

I was kinda shocked when I saw it @SSR. IMO it’s a major downgrade. That’s just my opinion but that was one of those nice little DVC things vs the hotel side one less thing to manage. I know it’s negligible for most but no ice packs for me means less accessible.

Oh! I thought they were only in the non DVC rooms. They are in the SSR studios?

Yes -

Ok- That might change my Garden Grocer order.

1 Like