DVC Closing

For those that purchased resale, how long after closing were you able to start booking?

We were supposed to close 31 Dec, but something about Disney’s server being down so we’re closing today. I want to book for Princess Half Marathon Weekend but I doubt anything is left at this point. :frowning:

I’m all afraid that we won’t get to use our 8 banked points from last year if we can’t book and use them by our April use year. Thoughts?

My recollection is that it took about a week and a half to get the number in the mail. As soon as you get the number you can call and book.

I’m not sure what you are looking for but there is some partial availability at AKL and Saratoga Springs. You may be able to find one night to at least use the 8 points.

Good luck!

That’s encouraging. Thanks for the info. Not picky for this trip. Just need a place in the bubble for four people to sleep.

I know I’m behind on posts but I want to say that I think @EthicalAddict was able to call after closing to get the number before it actually came in the mail. Perhaps she’ll see this and confirm for you. Congrats on your closing.

@Savagekids Welcome to the DVC family!!!

Give the DVC Membership line a call and see if you’re in their system: 1-800-800-9800 When I called I explained my situation and they were incredibly helpful, giving me my membership number and got me all set up with their online tool as well as I booked the dates I was hoping to get.

I did however call a few weeks after my closing date but you never know, you could be in their system.

Good luck and keep us posted :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help friends. I’m calling right now. This is exciting!

2 Likes

I’m dying to know, were you able to call and get your membership number yet?

No luck yet, I’ll give it a week and try again. Thanks for the support :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Got the number yesterday! We’re in. :european_castle:

4 Likes