DVC cash room offer

Others must have gotten this email today:

Strikes me as odd/annoying. I have to call member services to get any idea what prices they are talking about with their “up to 40%” offer?

Would I be able to get a sense based on calculating 40% off the rack rate?

3 Likes

I was also wondering if non-blue card members qualify. The dates are terrible since I am traveling beginning of December (or possibly October) apparently like everyone else!

2 Likes

Yes, use the rack rate.

Members always have to call to get the DVC cash discount rate of 25% off, and until you call you have no idea which resorts and rooms are available for the dates you want. I will say whenever we’ve called there has always been 2 or 3 resorts available for our preferred room type and dates.

The only difference here is that they aren’t confirming up front what the discount will be. I would guess a minimum of 25% since that is the standard DVC rate.

3 Likes

I did not know this! Thank you.

I too got the email but wished there were more details. I hate making phone calls :grimacing:

1 Like

I was looking at some dates in August, and I can get “up to 35%” off with my AP, so maybe this is slightly better, but I guess I can’t tell without calling. . . I also didn’t know we get 25 % off cash rooms in general.

2 Likes

Just to clarify DVC members can get a 25% discount on DVC rooms booked through Member Services on cash.

Availability can be limited though. I usually just ask “what cash rooms are available for these dates”? They then tell me what resorts and room type they have.

2 Likes

Do you know if only blue card members can call and get the 25% discount? I assume so.

Probably so but you could ask on chat with member services

1 Like

I think everyone can. Not sure though.

It’s weird because the email doesn’t actually say that this is a “Membership Extra” (thus grandfathered or blue card only) but it links the Membership Extra document. I didn’t have time to parse through the document to see if it listed this. But usually the emails for Moonlight Magic and stuff specifically say that they are Membership Extras.

3 Likes

That’s why I think it’s for everyone, just like the standard 25% off cash rate. Nothing I’ve seen says this is only for “eligible” members.

2 Likes

I agree that would be my assumption as well.