DVC 1BR Villas

It’s really frustrating to be a family of 6 at Disney! Not a lot of options that aren’t twice as much as accommodating 5.

3 Likes

We faced that as a family of 6 and 7…which is why we always stayed off property! :slight_smile:

1 Like

We were posting at the same time :smiley:

2 Likes

(which is why the resort studios at GFV don’t appeal to me at all…)

1 Like

Not saying you have to book it…nobody would force you, lol…could book the original category

And you said what I was struggling with, which was the points balancing issue.

2 Likes

Yes, provided it was available… And if you’re splitting categories down further there aren’t already enough 1BR to go around sometimes…

3 Likes

There are a limited number of 1 bedrooms. And typically, the number of 1 bedrooms is quite low compared to studios.

Let’s say that they convert HALF of the 1 bedrooms over. And, let’s say they decided to keep them identical in point value, which means they don’t mess up the point charge…what it DOES do is reduce the number of 1-bedrooms by HALF which are available for people who WANT to have the King in the master bedroom. So, once those are booked, if I wanted a 1 bedroom with a king, I’d be out of luck, even if there are plenty of the 1 bedrooms with 2 queens.

It is limiting choice with very little benefit. You’d be better off just booking two studios probably.

3 Likes

It is so funny, my DD and DH do not think it is worth getting a one bedroom (there are three of us) but DH LOVES the studio larger fridge, microwave and toaster (we use the heck out of the toaster). That is just homey enough for him. He and I also like having the 2nd bed put away and having the couch. DD does not particularly care for that because she loses her bed. But the couch adds to the “home” feel. That is why we aren’t interested in an OKW studio.

2 Likes

My solution (if occupancy limits allow it) would be to have a twin Murphy bed under the TV and have one of the twin sleepers in the Master Bedroom. That way if you don’t want someone in the Master, you have a chair. If you are @Jeff_AZ you deal with a kid sleeping in your room (or get a two bedroom).

This would also discourage having 6 adults in a room, which is a lot of adults.

4 Likes

:blue_heart:

As nice as it is to have our own room, it would be great to have the option of having the extra bed for a kid in there so we could meet occupancy.

2 Likes

For the record, I would.put the twin Murphy under the TV in the family room! That way, having a kid in the toom only happens at #6 :wink:

2 Likes

I wonder if there was a way to make this a 2 double sofa sleepers in LR or 1 double and 2 single pull downs/ bunk beds in the larger 1 BRs.
I don’t think it can be done at every resort but sleeping 6 in a 1 BR would be nice.

Even worse, IMO

3 Likes

That would mean no drawer space though.

Which is incidentally what happened at SSR. When they added the Murphy single n the living room they removed all the storage other than the coffee table,

I want the drawer space on the master bedroom.

2 Likes

They’re not going to change it so let me complain in peace! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

This.^^^

They won’t change it in existing resorts.

At “best” it would be a new room category at new resorts, like tower studios. But there’s no incentive for them to do so, when currently if you want to sleep 6 you have to book a 2-bedroom.

But the cabins at FW will sleep 6.so by this time next year you should be able to book a 1-bed that sleeps 6 after all.

4 Likes

I’m looking forward to having this option. Even if I elect to do 2BR all or most of the time, it’s good to be able to get what I need for less points if needed.

3 Likes

Do you mean for space or sleeping comfort?

All the way around

Double beds are the absolute worst - not big enough for two, and takes up way more space than necessary for one.

3 Likes