Dutch Wonderland tips?

We’re going to Dutch Wonderland for first time on Saturday for my son’s 3rd bday. Any tips? We’re driving there and home same day (it’s about 45 mins from our house.)

1 Like

We haven’t been there in years, as my kids are now teens and preteen. I remember it being a lot more laid back than most parks and we didn’t really go with a major plan, especially in the fall. We just went with what my kids wanted to do.

@Shanneepantslovesdisney @bebe80 @Jennifer_B_568600 @Flavita

any ideas?

1 Like

Even though it’s only 1 hour away, I last visited as a kid :man_shrugging:

1 Like

A friend said I don’t need a plan. So that’s reassuring. But people keep saying the food is terrible and two of us are gluten free so I’m trying to plan around that. Does anyone know if we can easily leave the park and return?

You can pack a lunch. There used to be picnic tables outside the park to eat at.

You used to be able to leave and come back. I would imagine that is still the case. There are a bunch of restaurants in the area that you could walk to, you just have to be careful of crossing Rte 30. Make sure to use the crosswalks.

The food was typical amusement park food. But there should still be caramel popcorn and such. That item was very good as a snack when we went.

We live about 45 minutes away and go the outlets in Lancaster a few times a year, so we drive past the park. We have fond memories of taking our kids there. At one time it was owned by Hershey park and you got Hershey candy on their trick or treat trail. It also used to have completely free parking.

We had a nice day at Dutch Wonderland. It would have been possible to leave, walk to get lunch, and return, but it seemed like too much trouble so we ended up eating at the park. The new bbq stand was decent and had gluten free options. Dole whip stand was closed! That was disappointing. Lots of fun rides. Loved the dive shows! Good time had by all.

3 Likes

Glad to hear! I haven’t been, but it’s on my list.

I have never been to Dutch Wonderland @QwertySC thanks for the tag…I usually stay at HersheyPark.

Glad that you had fun @royjoyahoy…we now have 5 grandbabies that will soon enjoy a day at Dutch Wonderland. I live in Lebanon and my one DD is in Lititz…not far at all.

2 Likes

It’s not too busy. I haven’t been since COVID though and read lines might be long now since folly kids went back and short staffed. Going to any recreation place in Eastern or Central PA is always great on a Sunday the Eagles are playing.

Sundays are typically better than Saturday at most amusement parks in this area.

I live in Southcentral PA. There are a lot of Steelers and Ravens here fans as well.

So true. Going anywhere on a football Sunday is great.