Dumb question about Magic Bands

It’s in the queue, the posters for upcoming events.

I love your new pic :joy::joy:

2 Likes

This. But the one I keep missing is the Star Tours one. I THINK it’s in the store at the end? but I never see people from the ride, just generic characters.

EDIT: Haunted Mansion used to do a few things (like name your home town and your birthday, i think), but people got all whiney that it was too intrusive. These same people forgetting they willingly handed over that information to book their vacation without any issue. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I haven’t seen the ST one either. I’m not sure I even knew it was a thing.

The Star Tours one is where you reach the “boarding point”, after you’ve wound your way up past all the droids and luggage and cargo stuff. You approach a screening detector, and it comes up with your name as you approach it.

1 Like

ohhhh

If MBs are jewellery, then it’s game on. I’m going to start wearing mine all the time. They’re pretty. (And weren’t cheap, some of them.)

It doesn’t always. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

And sometimes only one in a big group of us when there was plenty of opportunity to include others. :thinking:

Star Tours is the only one I have seen.

Regarding magic bands: was there some talk a month or so ago about getting gift card info on magic bands. For food ordering.

As far as I know, this wasn’t about Magic Bands and gift cards…rather, you can now use gift cards in the mobile ordering system. But that doesn’t involve Magic Bands.

1 Like

Ah, yes. That was it. And my ever sensible mind said, even better would be linking gift cards to magic bands.

And then my [files corrupted] memory insists gift cards link to magic bands.

No, it’s random. But none of them do it for everyone.

2 Likes

Now I’m feeling special :blush:

1 Like

If I considered them to just be necessary for function, I wouldn’t keep buying more and more!! They are accessories/jewelry in my mind.

2 Likes

The first time I noticed my name showing up was at RnR with the concert “posters” in the vestibule. I was standing in line with my kids and I say, “Hey look, that’s our town. Weird coincidence. And that’s my name. Oh…”.

1 Like