Duck Tales Question

Afternoon, Folks!

Tweens want to do the Duck Tales thing in Epcot. Anyone here with recent experience can tell me what I need to know? Cool tricks, tips, or any ideas?

Thanks!

4 Likes

Wooo-ooo!

(I can’t answer the question I just had to get that out of my system)

7 Likes

DH and I did this over 2 Epcot days. I really think it should be done over 3 if you can. Or 2 full Epcot days so you see the rest of Epcot too. Each country takes about 15-25 mins. Some countries are better than others. It’s hard to see your screen in the bright sun. There is a lot of dialog that adds to the storyline but also, you could skip it if time is running short. Also it’s hard to hear outside. We were able to put my phone up to our ear because is was just DH and I. But if yall are all trying to hear, go to a quiet spot before it plays the dialog.
France is the hardest IMO. Explore every nook and cranny if you are stumped. You shouldn’t have to go into any resturants- to my knowledge.
If you mistakenly go out of the country in the app and go back in you have to start over. The new mission won’t necessarily be the same tasks or the same order but they could be. We just sped through them in the app without walking to that location again.
You can go in any country order. The bigger screen the better. The screen that is the brightest in the sun the better. We never had any that we couldn’t get. But there were some that really got challenging. My favorite was Germany but Norway was cool too.
You may have to talk to cast members (briefly).

5 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Super helpful, thanks! Would you recommend they play on one phone or on individual phones? I wasn’t sure how the sharing would go lol. But seems like it would be redundant/take longer if they each were doing it separately.

1 Like

One phone/ decice is what it’s meant to be. Even if they try to do it at the same time on 2 different devices, the tasks are random (out of the predesigned set). Iirc, there is 3 or 4 plus the finale one for each country. The finale seems to always be the same. They could do it seperately I guess. But maybe this would be a good chance for them to learn to share and take turns. It really should be a team/ group quest.
You could have each do a different country but unless you do it all on 1 device I dont think they will link and you wouldn’t get the final video after they finish all the countries. It was kinda anti-climatical. So if that actually works best for your 2, that is also an option. You pick your countries from the list.

1 Like

This is exactly what I needed to know! They are fine to share, just trying to think through all the options :slight_smile: Thank you!

1 Like

You’re welcome!

1 Like