DTB on post corona crowds

Worth reading:

What do you think?

I think all the Disney parks related websites/blogs are extremely low on content, so wild speculation is all they have left.

14 Likes

That is all anyone can do is speculate at this point. I think it is extremely optimistic to think that the Disney Parks will just magically bounce back to pre pandemic levels this year. Impact is cutting too deep and from too many angles for that to happen. So I side mostly on scenario #2 in the article. While it might not be as deep as they are guessing, it could be significant.

2 Likes

Tom’s style has always been to address speculative issues like this. He’s written things like “Will Disney offer free dining, or When will Disney stop building DVC resorts, etc.” That being said, I think that as much as I hope it will be otherwise, travel (including Disney) is going to take quite a hit for the foreseeable future. The $1,200 checks aren’t going to be funding Disney vacations as much as people will wish they will.

6 Likes

I think Disneyland could bounce back faster, but that will all be contingent on being able to fully reopen. WDW will take a while due to foreign visitors. It will be months if not a year or more before foreign travel is back to pre-pandemic levels, even assuming it opens back up at all in the next few months. I would expect lower crowds but not necessarily lower waits, due to likely understaffing and fewer experiences opening.

6 Likes

And not everyone is getting $1200. The ceiling amount was not prorated for area cost of living - many parts of the country people can live on $75K/year or less much better than I do in NYC on $97K (space wise, cost of groceries, general cost of living), yet they will get the full amount and I will get a whopping $100.

1 Like

True, true. I don’t expect to see very much either and we live in the suburbs of Boston.

1 Like

My first thought about Disneyland is, “ugh. The walkways are so small, everyone is crammed together.”

2 Likes

I had the same concern. They are going to need to limit the number of people into the park.

1 Like