DS area hotels will get 60 day FPP and EMH

What ages? The Doubletree has two room suites.

7 and 11. That is exactly where my research led to…the 2br suite as the best option. Reading mixed reviews though and so sill leaning towards BLT. The bubble and all.

1 Like

Yes, I think I would look at one of the others. I travel without kids these days so DS and Uber would be fun for me.

FWIW, the Doubletree Suites is one of Mousesavers.com’s preferred hotels: Preferred Hotel Discounts - MouseSavers.com

1 Like

Is anyone staying at a Disney Resort Area hotel now, who can report on the EMH benefit and whether they got the 60-day FPP benefit?

I think the FPs are after January 10th?

1 Like

I think you’re correct.

We are staying at the Lake Buena Vista Orlando Hilton in March, but we are struggling to make the 60-day FP thing work. Our situation is a little odd, in that my husband booked two nights at a Disney hotel first. Those FP showed up, no problem. Now, however, we cannot get the reservations at the Hilton to link with our other Disney reservations—which means no 60-day FP for three days of our five-day tickets. (He has a conference at the other hotel, which is why we switched mid-trip.) My husband has spent hours on the phone, but, so far, that confirmation number for the Hilton simply will not link up BECAUSE we didn’t make the reservations at the Hilton through Disney. He used his Hilton Honors account to make the reservations, but that turned out to be a huge mistake. All that to say, the new system is not working for our family. It has been a frustrating experience.

That ties in with the initial info that was reported, which was that you had to book through Disney in order to qualify for the 60 day window. Makes sense in that Disney then gets a cut of every booking, in return for the 60 day window.

EMH seems to be the universal benefit that you get, regardless of how you booked.

How frustrating!

Yes, it’s been disappointing–particularly with the new Pandora rides at Animal Kingdom, which seem to have very long wait times. A FP would have been helpful there! If we had been more savvy about all things Disney, we’d have realized that we needed to book through Disney. Oh, well. It took a couple of hours on the phone with Disney to finally figure out where the weak link was, so to speak.

I am posting here mainly with the hope that someone else can benefit from the mistake we made.

5 Likes

Thanks. You’ve probably helped me tbh as I’m likely going to book one of these hotels for the summer

Aside from not being able to get Fast Passes 60 days ahead of time, we discovered that we could no longer pay with our Magic Bands once we checked out of our first hotel, which was an official Disney hotel.

The main place not having the 60-day passes mattered was at Animal Kingdom. We waited in line for Flight of Passage 3 hours one day and 2 1/2 hours the next day. (My son loved the ride.) The Disney guy did give us 3 bonus FPs for each of our three days that were affected by our problem, so that helped somewhat: it meant that we had more time to wait for Flight of Passage because we weren’t having to wait anywhere else.

So, don’t book through the Hilton and DO book through Disney if you want those official Disney resort benefits. I do give two thumbs-up to the hot tubs at the Lake Buena Vista Hilton: they helped ease the stress at the end of the day. If you stay there, take the time to ask when the buses run. We didn’t and missed the 7:00 a.m. bus to Animal Kingdom by 2 or 3 minutes. The next one didn’t come until 7:30.

2 Likes

Has anyone try since those came out? I have a gazillion Hilton points and was hoping to use them to book through Hilton, then select FPP 60 days in advance.

http://www3.hilton.com/resources/media/hi/MCOBUHH/en_US/pdf/en_MCOBUHH_Disney_FastPass_Instructions_Feb_2018.pdf

According to this link, I should be able to book through Hilton and then get the selection. Any information?

FYI - We booked doubletree suites through Costco and yes we were able to link our account and the 60 day FPP was available right when it opened! I was able to get flight of passage for 5 guests so that was awesome. Make sure you have the correct confirmation code to link your hotel to MDE and call a week or so before your 60 day window to be sure it is set to work. Good luck.

2 Likes