Drone Show coming to DS

I was concerned about the tasting menu because of my allergies and wasn’t going to book, but if they allow ordering off the regular menu maybe this would be a good idea for us!

2 Likes

Maybe both? I’m interested in the tasting but not sure if my family will be :wink:

I watched a couple vlogs today just to get an idea of the view. I fast forwarded to not get all the spoilers :wink:

I did the same thing! Also to check out the food.

1 Like

They were very responsive to a message through their website. I would send them a note to discuss food allergies. They were great with us, but maybe they will get more strict about the tasting menu as time goes? Honestly I spent way more money not doing the tasting menu. Zero regrets.

2 Likes

Thanks for the website tip - they aren’t answering their phone so I will try that to just confirm.

Right now on open table you have three options to book. Starting at 7:30 the times all say “experience”. If you choose 7:30 or 9:30 you can choose from the following options: tasting menu, cocktail hour and standard booking.

For all other evening hours 7:30 and later, you get a choice of cocktail hour or standard seating. I think they are trying to time the tasting experience to work for two sittings, so holding it to 7:30 and 9:30 reservations.

I chose “standard booking” and was able to choose waterfront patio as my seating option. I’ll write and ask if that will work for “order off the menu” but with a view. I’ll also ask about tables that want to split.

3 Likes

This could work too. The tasting looks fun but also seems like too much food! I just want a chair for the show.

I was also trying to see in the vlogs if you get rushed out after the show. I don’t want to battle the crowds and would rather wrap up dining after the show.

1 Like

The next seating is now 9;30 and they tell you there is a time limit, but I think it is 2 hours.

1 Like

Do they do the drone show when it’s raining/pouring?

1 Like

You’re getting the first real rain in months. I don’t believe that question has been necessary to date

Report back :wink:

5 Likes

:grimacing::ok_hand:

3 Likes

Hasn’t rained since the show started but I’m going to guess no based on wind being an issue a couple weeks ago :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

:cry: I’ll be sad if I don’t get to see it! But I’m still enjoying myself!:grin:

2 Likes

The one night of our trip that it would have worked out to watch the drone show, it was cancelled. I’m not sure we’ll ever be back at a convenient time to watch it again! I’d hate to go all the way to DS only to have it cancelled. I will probably only try if it is convenient to other plans. Hopefully they will extend it or renew it for next summer.

1 Like

I’m wondering if anyone is tracking how often it’s cancelled?

2 Likes

It’s still raining! I just chatted with CM.

3 Likes

Ha! That CM doesn’t even realize you’re at DS, not a theme park! (Sure, they said Disney Springs, but do they know what it is??)

3 Likes

My guess is it is actually an AI bot.

4 Likes

I wasn’t at DS when I chatted.

I’ve talked to 2 different CMs under those blue umbrellas in different parts of Ep. They both said they don’t know. They would announce it on the loudspeaker at DS! Without any certainty, it’s such a hassle to head over to DS to wait!

4 Likes

Oh. I didn’t realize that it mattered to the CM you were chatting with. I guess I thought they were somehow connected to the WDW all-knowing-behind-the-scenes type of offices. Kind of like how I chat with a bank person while I’m not at a bank.

3 Likes

This was my experience. Even at DS they do not know until the very last moment if it is cancelled! They held out hope till 9:20pm for the 9:00pm show before cancelling it. If there is a break in the wind, they will launch it. Even if it’s unlikely to go forward, they will not tell you until it is officially cancelled.

If it is rainy or windy, I would not bother trying to watch. The risk is too high that it will be cancelled. Anecdotally it seems the 10:45 show goes forward more often than 9pm. Maybe that is due to wind patterns in central Florida. Or maybe just a coincidence.

4 Likes