Drone Show coming to DS

I already started a thread about the new Encanto Show too. Was the person in charge of media releases on vacation for a while or what? Why so many things announced at once? :rofl:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2024/03/4-new-experiences-to-celebrate-summer-at-walt-disney-world/

6 Likes

There is a Board of Directors vote coming up, and they need to show that they are being effective to prevent some of them from being voted out.

Mickey Views reported on the ā€œrehearsalsā€ that were going on over near Disney Springs for a potential drone show. Glad to see it wasnā€™t for nothing!

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

I remember hearing about that recently but figured it was months away from being announced!

The drone thing and the Encanto show make me wonder if they are testing both to see about putting them in AK in the future. Could they use drones for a night time show in AK?

2 Likes

Iā€™m not positive but I think it would be a great place for it.

2 Likes

Frozen sing-along was originally a temporary show for HS Summer of Frozen (or whatever it was called), and look how that turned out.

4 Likes

I havenā€™t the slightest idea as to whether drones would be dangerous to animals and in what vicinity they would pose a danger.

3 Likes

And Rivers of Light originally was supposed to have dronesā€¦ until things started sinking.

4 Likes

FotLK too! Now I am excited for this as a possibility.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t know that. Nor did I know things were sinking?!? We never saw that show.

4 Likes

I really liked the original iteration, and it quickly became my favorite nighttime show.

Then the budget cuts happened.

4 Likes

Interesting :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Iā€™d love to see a nightime show there.

So many changes possible on the horizon. Really does seem to reinvigorate my enthusiasm for WDW. Alex and I were also wondering if maybe Frontierland will turn into something different too. Maybe more like ā€œAmerican Southā€ or something like that?

3 Likes

Did not know this either!

ETA: we loved this show and miss it :cry:

3 Likes

I really want it to go full bayou with TBA! Even re-theme BTMR

1 Like

I would be completely on board with that.

I would miss our MK fave during the retheme though. A lot.

1 Like

I donā€™t think it was ever officially announced, just assumed based on the original concept art

5 Likes

I think itā€™s more likely that they stretch the definition of ā€˜frontierā€™ to include the undeveloped bayou.

4 Likes

Iā€™d be ok with that too I guess. I do love BTMRR. The whole theme just feels outdated over there to me though.

2 Likes

I think itā€™s called ā€˜nostalgiaā€™.

4 Likes