Droid and Saber storage?

Has anyone recently built a droid or saber? I’ve heard they don’t fit in lockers and Disney is telling me they won’t allow you to have them to go on other rides. Makes sense, where would you put them? Other than mailing home, what have you done with them for the rest of your DHS day and rest of trip on general? Take home on airplane?

Thanks.

1 Like

We made a droid and put it in my sons backpack. They let him in the Rise queue with it on his back (but Rise broke down and then we took it to the hotel).

I believe you can carry it on any ride that lets you take a backpack - which should be every thing but RNRC, I think?

And we carried it on the airplane using it as one of his carry on items too.

We only did the Tattoine traders light saber - not the Savis, so I can’t speak to that.

2 Likes

We brought backpacks - 3 kids made 3 droids, we put them in backpacks rather than the bulky cardboard boxes. No issues bringing them on rides.

3 Likes

I scheduled my Savi’s for fairly late in the day. It was dark enough to take some good pictures. I called it a day after that and went back to the resort.

For the flight home, the sheathed saber counted as my carry on. Even disassembled, it didn’t fit in my checked luggage.

In sheath: 51in
Full saber: 45in
Blade only: 34.5in
*measurements are close, but may not be quite exact. I think hilt length will vary based on options you choose.

I’d love to bring it back to the parks again and get more photos and videos with different crystal colors, but its definitely a pain to organize luggage and deal with it in the park if you want to ride anything

2 Likes

My DS built a lightsaber in the morning and carried it with him the rest of the day. He was able to take it on Rise and MFSR. RNR had a special place to store it because it wasn’t allowed on the ride.

2 Likes

You can bring both droids and sabers on all rides except probably Tron.
Nothing to worry over!

4 Likes

Personally I would ship it home because they’re a pain to lug around, even though you can take them on all / almost all rides. Any gift shop can ship any item you purchased at Disney home for a reasonable price. Just keep your receipt from your purchase as they will ask for it.

4 Likes

I’m with @Jeff_AZ. Ship it. It was less than $20 to ship a Droid right there from the store. It arrived home in one week. I cannot imagine having to lug it around the park and ride home.

3 Likes

You can take backpacks on RnRC.

4 Likes

This is kind of our plan. The kids are making droids and a couple of us are also making sabers. If we end up not wanting to carry them around, we’ll take a short break to drop them off at YC. I scheduled making them during the early afternoon when lines are longest.
We definitely don’t want to deal with carrying them onto the plane, so we will be shipping ours home.

2 Likes

Also the First Order shop in Batuu will ship for you - so you don’t even have to go back to resort to drop them off. I built at Savi’s on our Halcyon voyage, took some pics, then dropped it there for shipping - took just a few minutes to handle.

4 Likes

I don’t know that the kids will want to immediately part from their brand new best friends. :joy: But that is good to know! They are excited to see them react to the land as they carry them around.

1 Like