Downtown Disney construction

I just watched an update vlog on the Downtown Disney construction. OMG! The jackhammers! And the truck beepers. Does anyone happen to know how bad the noise is at the Grand Californian? We have a trip booked in September; I re-booked it from last September because of all the construction at Disneyland and Downtown Disney.

1 Like

Sorry I don’t have any real intel or first-hand experience with this right now but in my mind, most of the Grand Californian seems really set apart from where the current Downtown Disney construction is. If I recall correctly, the current construction is closer to the Disneyland Hotel end of Downtown Disney & there is a major street that separates the Grand Californian from that end (it runs under a pedestrian bridge in Downtown Disney that when you are walking you don’t even notice is a bridge unless you’re looking for it).

If I’m wrong & the construction is in the vicinity of Ralph Brennan/Tortilla Jo’s/World of Disney/Splitsville/Naples it may impact the Grand Californian. And even if that’s the case then only the Downtown Disney and some of the theme park view rooms (the ones facing Disneyland/Esplanade) would be impacted and only on their balconies (there are other Theme park facing rooms that look directly into DCA both near the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail & then right over the Paradise Garden area near Goofy’s Sky School). We had a partial theme park view overlooking the tram loading area/Downtown Disney (with some of the spires of Batuu/tops of the DL mountains peeping into our view) and when we opened the doors we could definitely hear the monorail & Downtown Disney & the monorail when it passed, but we didn’t hear any of that once the door was closed. So I would have a hard time imagining the jack-hammering still impacting all that much when in the room & with the door closed.

1 Like