Double stroller - weight limit

I have 4 yr old and an 8 yr old…i was planning on getting a double stroller, but i see that there is a max weight of 50 lbs on each side. my 8 yr old is just under 65 and my 4 yr old is about 35…so…100 lbs together. is this going to be an issue? if they are both in the stroller

The issue you are going to have is fitting both kids in. I went last year with a four year old and six year old, and it was a little tight. You can see how it works.

You are talking about 15 lbs over the max limit on one side of the stroller. 5 lbs, sure but 15 is a lot of weight.

Not only will you potentially have performance issues (harder to steer,etc) but there is likely a safety component here too that would lead me to not want to risk it.

Can you pull up the online owners manual?

It isn’t just total weight, but weight balance, that can matter.

1 Like

I don’t think it is safe to exceed each seat’s weight limit. Also you 8yo May not be comfortable height wise in the stroller. My DD3 doesn’t have much room above her head in the stroller, so I can’t imagine an 8yo would be able to sit back under the canopy.

Have you looked at the Disney doubles? I’ve heard those are a bit roomier than your avg double.

Thanks everyone…kinda what i figured…i dont think my 8 yr old will even want to use it, but i was hoping it would be an option in case she got tired…besides, pushing 100 lbs is going to be rough in an of itself.

definitely dont want to use the Disney strollers - i dont like how you have to pick it up in the morning and drop it off at the end of the day

1 Like

My 7 yo dd was about 55lbs and my 5 yo dd was about 45lbs when we went. I can see what everyone is saying about balance. It might be hard to push, especially when turning. It was definitely a job getting that stroller around the park when they were both in it, but my 7 yo didn’t really need it a lot of the time. It was great at night though for viewing fireworks and getting them to the transportation.

BTW, I should point out that we did Disney with a 3 and 4 year old with no stroller. In hindsight, it was a bit much for our 3-year-old, but the 4-year-old didn’t need a stroller. We could have managed with a single lightweight travel stroller for the 3-year-old probably, but we also did okay without a stroller at all. FWIW

I have friends there right now doing it with no stroller. Kids are 3, 5, and 9. She says they’re fine. We’ll be there with 4, 6, and 8, and I’m not bringing a stroller. So…depending on how long you’re thinking your days are going to be might influence whether you actually need one or not.

Ours were 4 (almost 5) and 7 on our first trip. We didn’t bring a stroller either. I did carry the 4 year old a lot (my husband was amazed at how fast I could go with her on my hip!) and my husband did occasionally carry the 7 year old but we didn’t really miss having a stroller.

Maybe renting a City Mini GT single (I think the weight limit is 75 lbs) might be a good option and then see if you can get your hands on one of the standers for it. It might be an option. I think the stander max weight is 45lb though. Just a thought.