Dopey Dos: Legs for Luke: The Full Report (1/4/-1/10/22)

I am so sorry .

Could you two still go to the shindig, but wear KN95s (or even N95s if you have them)? That way you get to go to the shindig, but chances are very low of you getting covid? I wear an N95 at work taking care of covid and other respiratory issues, and have not gotten it over the last 21 months. Yes, it won’t be as fun as going without a mask, but then you both get what you want- her the party and you- Disney. Win-win instead of win-lose which is what you get if you cancel either event.

5 Likes

We are also going out tonight with some of her friends. I actually think tonight is the greatest risk. Going to dinner so can’t wear a mask.

Well dang. Stupid covid!

2 Likes

It’s not just these social things either. DS7 has been doing soccer camp this week since he’s out of school. Indoors and not a single mask. We finally decided to just keep him home today and probably the rest of the week too. I think is inevitable one of us will get Covid. And that’s all it takes. Just one of us and my trip is done.

ETA I admit there are some masks in that photo, but not many…

So… maybe y’all should go tonight and hug and kiss all the people, share drinks, etc and hope you get covid so you’ll be out of quarantine (5 days) by the 5th? If we’re spitballing all the options here and throwing in the towel… why not?

I say this partially in jest and partially like… maybe not the worst idea you’ve ever heard?

2 Likes

Yes that is my current mental dilemma. Just go all in, get Covid, and plan to go by myself without DW? If we get Covid at all she can’t come. Her parents are our only babysitters and they won’t come if Covid. So she’d have To stay. But now that she finally agreed to go, I don’t really want to go without her. Boooooooooooooooooooio

1 Like

So what happens if you don’t cancel on 12/31 and you turn up positive before checking in? Are you just SOL with the money or could you then call and beg for mercy to move the date? I’m sure they would appreciate you not coming while positive.

1 Like

You lose the deposit.

2 Likes

I mean… a $200ish gamble? I think I’d take those odds with everything that has happened and everything that is on the line.

4 Likes

And given that runDisney is refunding folks who cancel for Covid, it’s not a lot of money to be out of it comes to it by comparison to what it could be

3 Likes

That’s awesome! I think I’d be more bummed preemptively canceling and then not needing to than to have to cancel at the last minute bc I did end up positive.

2 Likes

You’ve worked so hard for St. Jude’s too! I’m so sorry you are in this dilemma. I Know I don’t know you, but I know you’ll know the right thing to do for you and yours. Listen to love over fear. You’ve got this no matter what.

3 Likes

As usual I was thinking about this wrong. Losing the deposit isn’t a catastrophe. I guess I will wait and see. Tonight’s social event was good for the soul, but not sure if it was worth getting Covid and canceling my trip. Already dodged a bullet or two over Christmas. If I’m good after tonight and I can dodge the big one Friday night, the Dopey Dos may still be on. I’ll probably update with my trip plans early next week or melt back into oblivion, never to be heard from again.

8 Likes

… until the next WDW trip.

I hope your family stays healthy and you and your wife get this trip.

2 Likes

8 Likes

I think everyone who has plans has gone through this same anxiety of will I or won’t I get covid before the trip I have planned. I’d keep it scheduled and wait until the very last possible minute.

1 Like

The last 2 weeks have been emotionally draining so just a quick update for now. Talked about the trip with DW yesterday, and she pulled me out of my funk. My trip is a “go” unless I get sick in the next 24ish hours. Whether she joins me won’t be decided until Wed/Thurs (plan is for her to come Thursday night).

I’m not sure whether I’ll do much reporting live or not, but I’ll definitely do something after the trip at least. I’m also debating whether to do my live race report on the forum here or elsewhere.

8 Likes

Don’t you dare be there and not contact me!

5 Likes

Who am I kidding? I’ll probably be blowing this thread up as soon as I’m at the airport tomorrow. Finally getting excited instead of anxious.

12 Likes