Dopey Dos: Legs for Luke: The Full Report (1/4/-1/10/22)

Unless things have changed, I don’t recall being given a wrist band in the past

ETA, I was wrong, yes this was awhile ago, but it says guests are given a wristband to be able to use the bathroom, etc.

2 Likes

Is there availability? I moved our MK day to Saturday the 8th because there was only one spot left in the pre party on Sunday and nothing in any of the other parties.

If there is availability, I’d snatch it up fast because that means someone cancelled but it’s pretty full.

1 Like

Yes I booked the pre party for Sunday.

3 Likes

Answer from another thread…

2 Likes

Wow this needs to be shared extensively because I’ve always written it off as an option because if I’m paying I don’t also want to be waiting!

Thanks for this info.

I did this in 2020 marathon week and I remember being walked over there. We did post party. But we did the CRT with Dessert Party Package; I think they timed it all out so we didn’t wait too long for the fireworks. But gosh I cannot remember. There is a part of me that says they must have given us wristbands. Say you need to use the restroom. They’d need someway to know you can be let back in.

We were still at dinner at 6:34p and fireworks must have been at 8pm but I can’t tell if anyone is wearing wristbands.

2 Likes

@NoBellePrizeWinner if you booked the pre- party would you be coming and going?

The viewing area is always so unpredictable. You can be there and have plenty of room to move around, even if you show up last minutes. Other times you can show up there 40 minutes early and not be able to get more than 3 feet inside the gate.

Yes, my only experience was in 2019. We arrived to the party late, I want to say 715 for an 8pm show. We scarfed, and made it out to the garden area and there was a perfect-sized spot left just for my group. It was a magical moment for sure.

This time around, I’m hoping it will be easy to sneak into some space if its crowded because it will just be DW and me. Squeezing into some regular public space would probably work too, but the dessert party is a guarantee for the hub without having to stand for an hour (or more).

I can’t remember, is there anything that could possibly obstruct our view in the garden area? What I mean is, as long as we are somewhere in there, we should have a good view, correct?

I recall it being an excellent location with no major blockers.

1 Like

There are some light poles that I always try to avoid.

1 Like

Hope this works out! My DW also is not much of a Disney person. I was able to convince her to go twice before we had kids (often times she would sit at the pool while I went solo to the parks), but now that the kids love WDW she is on board with once a year.

3 Likes

I think this trip may be doomed. Supposed to be going to DW’s friend’s 10th wedding anniversary shindig on Friday, lots of people indoors. Can’t handle the anxiety of (probably) getting COVID and then losing a s*** ton of money if I test positive inside my cancelation window or, probably worse, getting sick in Orlando and then having to isolate there. So I’m on the verge of canceling proactively. The stress has been ruining the last few days for us, we are both on edge, not sleeping, yelling a lot. DW keeps saying she doesn’t want to skip her friends event “just for Disney”, but I feel the opposite. I’ve been planning and building up this trip for like 6 months. But happy wife, happy life?

2 Likes

Ooohhh, that’s tough. I’m sorry this trip has been a rollercoaster for you.
What’s the cancellation window?

Ugh.

I know you’ve been planning this for 6 months but it’s also true you’ve been a couple of times kind of recently. So if something’s gotta give it should be this and not her friend’s thing.

Which pains me to say because I’ve been looking forward to a meetup with you (and her!).

Keep us posted. Sending hugs.

1 Like

For my stay at Pop (check-in on 1/5), what is the latest I can cancel for a refund? 5 days before would be Friday 1/31? So I have to cancel Friday? Is that math correct?

Yes. 12/31 for a 1/5 check in

So does that mean I can cancel any time on Friday? Sorry I always have a hard time understanding this part.

So long as it is before the phones close. Which IIRC is 10pm. I’m pretty sure it will need to be called in or I would say you’d be good to cancel by 11:59pm. Right before the New Year.

Yeah. Happy F*^&$^%& New Year to me

:disappointed::disappointed::disappointed: