Hello again everyone. I’m finally going to start sharing a complete, detailed trip report. I’m going to keep it in this thread for simplicity, and I’m going to start back over at the beginning. So, there will be repeated content from the thread above, and from my race reports (Legs for Luke). Over the last 2 weeks I’ve gone back through all my photos and other sources of info to outline the trip in detail, but some parts are still lacking color. I know I’m missing some things that have faded from memory. Especially the last 2 days or so when I was trying to stay in the moment with DW and off my phone. So my photos really dwindled the last part of the trip.
So what the heck took me so long to start this report? When we got home from WDW, the kids had COVID, then DW got it. I must have had it before unknowingly, because I tested negative 6 times during our 2-week quarantine. Working from home with 3 young kids was incredibly stressful. I was to lead a 2-day short course at my office in late January, present a major project to management (promotion is hinging on this), and also getting DS7’s Tiger Cub Den back up and running after a 2-month hiatus (I’m the den leader). And that is just the tip of the iceberg of craziness that January was.
I’m just now starting to feel caught up on things I was behind on. But more is coming. Due to my fundraiser’s wild success, St. Jude has asked me to be their North Texas Ambassador starting this month. An honor I will not take lightly. More relevant to you all is that we are planning our first DL trip in June, and that is starting to consume major brain space. However, I have somehow managed to get most of this report done (still working on the last few days). As it is right now, I’ve already written 13,000 words and have 700 pictures to share. WOWEE!
Ok enough rambling. Let’ get on with it.