Dole Whip at Aloha Isle - How long to wait?

Hi all,

In April when im going, the resort has a crowd level of 5, Magic Kingdom has a crowd level of 6. I have searched other posts and see folks stating there are long lines, but how long are we talking about? 15 minutes to get a dole whip during mid day? Or crazy long, say 45mins?

Im trying to schedule a stop in my touring plan but a 30 minute detour for ice cream is wreaking havoc with my wait time.

first world problems :grinning:

2 Likes

If youā€™re waiting more that 5 minutes for a dole whip youā€™re wasting your time! I donā€™t know of any treat worth waiting over 10 minutes for! Rides are a different thing, because you often donā€™t have a choice.
You can also get them at the Polynesian resort if you want to ride the monorail there to check out the grounds and get a Dole whip while youā€™re there.

1 Like

Iā€™d say itā€™s up to the person whose time it is, isnā€™t it? You might not see the value in waiting 20 minutes for a Dole Whip. For me, eating one while I watch the crowds is one of those ā€œmust dosā€! I love the treat, I love the relaxation, I love the experience. And Iā€™m willing to deal with a wait to do it!

@Marquard, Itā€™s hard to predict how long the wait will be. I waited 15 minutes in September, during the early afternoon. The wait will be longer during ā€œpeak hoursā€, which I would anticipate coinciding with the hottest part of the day. Iā€™d plan it as a 40 minute break and hope for the best. You can always eat and run!

1 Like

When we were there in December, the crowds were supposed to have been 6ish, and we had no trouble grabbing a Dole Whip about 4:30 or so in the afternoon. Maybe one or two people ahead of us in line. Guess its just the luck of the draw as far timing goes.

We were there in mid-August with crowd levels between 7-9. We never waited more than 5 minutes or so for any snack (including a dolewhip). They had quite a few lines open because it was a busy day.

When it comes to the snack stands, the line isnā€™t like a ride. Itā€™s more like your local Starbucks. You might get there and youā€™re 10th in line. Fifteen minutes later, itā€™s your turn and thereā€™s no one behind you. The line will come and go. We keep our eye on it as we pass by, and when thereā€™s no one there, we pounce!

1 Like

We went in April last year, and waits for DWs were a non-issue. I didnā€™t keep track of the time of day per se, but we got several DWs, over multiple days, and at various times of day.

We have waited anywhere from 5 minutes to 20 minutesā€¦sometimes DD9, DD7, and I ride Aladdinā€™s Carpets while DH waits in the Dole Whip line. Worked well when the line was really long, and DH doesnā€™t mind.

1 Like

Amazing what husbands will do for family harmonyā€¦ :grinning:

2 Likes

Haha ! Yes, agreed @longwalk ! Aladdin was a one and done for him, but those Dole Whipsā€¦worth waiting forā€¦:wink: And of course, we have a rule that ice cream fixes almost everything.

1 Like

I canā€™t help with wait times, but I just recently found out they sell Dole Whips at Tamu Tamu Refreshments at AK. Not sure if Iā€™ve been living under a rock, but I was so happy to find this out.