Does it make sense to get a ToT LL right at 7am instead of SDD?

So I think I’ve finally gotten the hang of using Touring Plans; thanks to everyone that’s helped! My current question is that when I entered my desired attractions and optimized my plan, TP suggested going for a Tower of Terror LL at 7am instead of Slinky Dog, and to go for RnR and THEN Slinky during Early Entry. I’d love to hear others’ opinions on this strategy, because it seems a little off to me; especially since the SDD LL tend to go the quickest, no?

1 Like

Yes

Though as this plan reads perhaps they are suggesting you ride SDD without a LL at early entry?

2 Likes

I think you’re correct. It seems like what it’s trying to get me to do is go straight for Slinky at Early Entry; which, in theory makes total sense. I think my only trepidation with that is the assumption that a significant number of people will be doing the same thing.

In your opinion, would it make more sense to go for Slinky at EE or try to get a LL for it at 7?

1 Like

If you’re front of pack and you go directly there, your wait will be short.

For my family, we aren’t rope dropping these days (teenagers :roll_eyes: ) so I would try for LL, take whatever is available, and work to modify as possible. But if my family were rope dropping I would absolutely SDD as my first step of the day and have done that in the past.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for your help!

2 Likes

Personally, RD ToT and grab SDD at 7am. Many people go into TSL and SWGE at RD. The waits on the right side of the park are decent.

5 Likes

My opinion: I would get SDD LL at 7:00 am and then at EE go to RnR and ToT.

3 Likes

Last August, we ran a modified version of this plan - worked out great, even with Slinky taking a few extra minutes to get started.

We were near the front of the tapstiles at open, I grabbed a RnR LL.
Taps opened about 7:40AM.

After a nice direct walk to SDD we were probably a few dozen people back. They were running empty SDD trains, then a group of Chef CMs walked out and took the first ride. After that we started loading, probably off 30 minutes after tapstiles opened.

Walked on TSMM, headed toward ToT, (checked my trip report - was then listed at 35 minutes.)
On way past MMRR it was empty so we jumped on that on way. (cute!).

Then ToT and used RnR LL after that.
DW did not ride last 2 so got a coffee and met Minnie. :slight_smile:
After all above, we met back up with DW at 9:20AM, so a nice run to start the day.

1 Like

Going to TOT has the drawback of it often being down at opening (in my experience). If RNRC is open at that time, its easy to pivot to RNRC and then get a TOT LL later at a drop. If RNRC is not open and TOT was down I would go straight to MMRR and then back to MFSR.

I love riding SDD at night, so it is always a priority for me to get a night time LL, which I do at 7am (and modify until it is the time I want).

3 Likes

On our March trip, I grabbed TOT as my first LL pick and I have to say, it was a mistake. Plenty of ToT LL’s were available throughout the morning and midday, whereas MFSR, TSM and MMRR pushed out to afternoon REALLY quickly (this was a CL9 day).

If could do it again, I would’ve prioritized MFSR for first LL pick, ToT 2nd or even 3rd pick. RD SDD (to avoid the stress of trying to grab it at 7AM) then do TSM right after.

3 Likes

This is the game plan. Wish us luck!

2 Likes