Does HS need a two day touring plan?

This is what we are doing (except we do 2 days at MK as well), we just went a head and planned for a 2nd start of day at HS. We are hopping, so after our breaks, we may go to other parks, but 2 days of our initial FPP will be at HS’s. Just too much for us to do in one day at HS’s now.

1 Like

Yeah my first two days are in MK. I modified one of the suggested 2 day TP for MK. However there doesn’t appear to be any 2 day TP listed in the HS sections. :frowning:

I think it’s probably impossible to do in 1 day if you want to see all the shows. Especially Fantasmic and Star wars spectacular. On my days there are at the same time. I’m having a really hard time picking one. Or dishing out $200 for my party to have hoppers to see one of the night shows on a non HS day. I think I’m just going with 2 days at HS even though we’ve only got 4 park days. Feels a little ridiculous.

1 Like

Assuming BG are still in place and going within minutes, it will take a lot of pressure off knowing you have 2 shots at it.

1 Like

We have 6 park days, no hoppers. We’re doing one day at each park, plus an extra at MK and an extra at HS.

1 Like

That’s what we did with our six days in January, and thought it was the best mix.
HS two day trip report

1 Like

We are going to do 2 MK, 2 AK, and 2 HS for our FPP and then hop to Epcot on 3 or 4 of the 6 days to do that park piecemeal as we can and enjoy the good food options there as well. I think 2x RD at HS and 6 FPP will enable us to get everything in. Currently predicted CL 3 and 5 for our days. FIngers crossed.

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing your TP!

One day would be plenty without that long break. That’s assuming you arrive at opening for your Boarding pass and have your A tier FastPass booked for Mickey/Minnie Runaway Train or Slinky Dog. We did HS in one day in early Dec with short operating hours and did all rides and shows except Voyage of Little Mermaid. But we’re not middle of the day ADR people. Operating hours in June are nice and long. Unless you plan to build a robot or light sabre, or do character meet and greets, you should be able to do it all in one day if you stay in the park. But an extra half day and second ride on RotR works, too.

1 Like

Thanks for the input! I think with a 6y/o and a 65 y/o in the party I’m not sure we could go without a long break doing rope drop and staying for the show at the end. I do have an ADR one night for Fantasmic. Plus we wont have the luxury of great mobility, I’ve planned for a “relaxed” walking pace. I do split up the touring plan for obvious things like ToT and shows but I dont want to push it or have to feel like we have to abandon people to catch things.

Is the star wars fireworks show worth hanging around for?

Thanks!

There was a different show for holiday season, so I don’t know about the Star Wars show. Have a great time!

1 Like

I personally really enjoyed the Star Wars fireworks show, perhaps more than Fantasmic. But my husband, the bigger Star Wars fan, preferred Fantasmic. Perhaps it was just because I’d seen Fantasmic before?

1 Like

Is it possible to see the Star Wars nighttime show outside of HS? Or is there a less crowded place to see it? We plan to try to watch on a day that we are doing AK as HS is looking to be a CL 10 that day.

1 Like

You can’t see the projections outside the park and that is a Big part of the show. I think you need to be in park for this one.

3 Likes

You could see the fireworks, but none of the projections.

I’m not sure it would be worthwhile to make plans to try and see it outside of the park. It isn’t a massive fireworks show, the fireworks simply accompany the story being told in the projections.

Star Wars fans will likely love it, I know I did and I’m nothing more than a casual fan. But it will disappoint anyone hoping for an actual fireworks show.

2 Likes

Okay I’m sold. Suggestions on where to head if we are coming just to see the show.

You need to get as close to the Chinese Theatre as possible, ideally in front of the great big pillars so that you can see the projections clearly.

But you don’t need to be head on necessarily, so I would see if you can get to the Echo Lake side, which would give you more scope to find a spot.

1 Like

The night we went (Jan 9), it was at the exact same time as Fantasmic so that kept the crowd down and it was only CL4 anyway so our experience may not be typical. That night it was preceded by Wonderful World of Animation, which had already started when we arrived. (My husband was really enjoying Oga’s so we spent longer there than expected. I was aiming to get there at least 10 min before WWoA started.)

We scooted in and sat on the ground about where the red X was. We couldn’t see the bottom of the projections, but for not having invested any time in waiting, we were good with that.

1 Like

In the map above, we staked out in the light green area right behind the X in her picture. It “would” have been a great spot, but they did not move the SW stage that day. I’m not sure if the mid day SW show is even going on anymore, but I would only recommend that area if it is clear in front of you. If it is, you should be golden there as well.

Wow, good to know! It was going on when we were there, and they did move it. Wonder why they didn’t on your day?