Do you take anything for motion sickness?

When do you take the tablets? (An hour before? The night before?)

Is the star tours in HS 3D? I never had trouble with ST at DL until they refurbished to the 3D and now I do tend to get mildly queasy, but DH can no longer ride due to motion sickness from the 3D

Yes Star Tours in HS is 3D. 3D glasses are provided and there are some big 3D effects in placesā€¦

I pop 2 when I get up (they are chewable) and am good for the day. I still canā€™t do spinning rides, but can live with that. On sailing trips, the first day is still a bit off, but after that, I grope around for them as soon as I open my eyes in the morning and have zero problems.

Found some other stories about a product called Relief Bands in the TP forum. Pictures of it look like a watch that you wear on your wrist and it works by sending a small electrical current to the contact point. The intensity is variable, depending on how sick you may be feeling. It seems pricey on Amazon, but in researching it and reading the reviews, there seem to be a lot of people who swear by it. They say it helps with morning sickness, car sickness. sea sickness and motion sickness from amusement rides, as well as medical conditions like menieures disease, vestibular migraines, and vertigo.

2 Likes

I get so sick on the simulator rides!! Itā€™s so frustrating because they look so cool. However, I do not get sick on Soarin. To me itā€™s different than the other ones. I went on the Avatar ride(sorry, the name is escaping me) a couple years ago, and I was on for 2 secs and had to close my eyes. I briefly opened them from time to time for about a second, but I just couldnā€™t do it. I thought I was going to throw up. Iā€™m also hoping that Dramamine or a nausea bracelet might help next time

Wow this thread is kind of ancient! FWIW, I use the ReliefBand (Iā€™ve bought 3 so far- we had one and my son and I took turns trying it at Universal Hollywood, where we were able to ride Simpsons which is absolutely brutal for motion sickness-- the person wearing the watch was able to enjoy the ride, so winning!). So I bought two more bands- one for my husband and one spare or for my son and me so weā€™re all covered.

Basically it just ā€œtricksā€ your neuropathways into blocking your nausea. It has limits- like on Forbidden Journey at Universal, the motion of that ride is so intense it really is too much for me, even with the ReliefBand. Also it doesnā€™t really completely kill the nausea on a ride like Rock-n-roller coaster if you get affected by going upside down, but it definitely helps.

Iā€™m a fan, in other words. Star Tours is actually a fantastic ride if youā€™re not trying to not throw up the whole time!

Iā€™ve wanted to try the relief band to see if it would help. They are just so expensive.

I get headaches from backwards on EE and some simulators. Cannot ever do MS orange. And I cannot do tea cups with manual spinningā€“the regular ride is fine. I get headaches from car rides on windy roads unless Iā€™m driving. No nausea though. I have not tried bonine/meclizineā€“wonder if it would help with headaches? Anyone have any experience with motion-induced headaches? I really want to try GOTG but am worried.