Do you order bottled water for your room?

Well, if you can survive straight up iodine tablets, you can survive the taste of pretty much any potable water. Maybe that’s why the taste of water doesn’t bother me.

That, and I grew up south of Yellowstone, and if you’ve ever been to Sulphur Cauldron, that’s pretty much identical to what we drank. It also explains why I don’t drink water, except under extremely hot conditions or if I’m where there is no alternative, like backpacking.

1 Like

Just like Disney water, drink it while its cold!

1 Like

Well, where we go, cold is not a problem! Kinda funny how many of my old water bottles were permanently stained yellow.

But after a few days, you don’t notice it anymore. I suspect it’s like that at WDW, too.

1 Like

We vacationed on the Finger Lakes area of NY and were shocked by the rotten egg smell of the sulfer water! Before then, I never knew tap water could be so awful! Can’t believe there is no way to filter that out first, ick!

There probably is but since it isn’t really a health hazard, they don’t.

Once, we were visiting Ireland and had just arrived, and were touring a castle. We were pretty far from anywhere so we thought we’d. fill up a water bottle there in the restroom. Since it was definitely not on any city water supply, we inquired whether the water was drinkable. The curator said:

“You. can’t drink the tap water here.”
I said, “Oh, okay.”
She said, “No, you can’t drink the tap water anywhere.”

That’s when I remembered our host had pointed out the bottled water tap in the kitchen, which I thought was just a neat, upscale feature. Turns out it was essential.

2 Likes

Chlorination should take care of it

2 Likes

lol. A little sulfuric acid goes a long way.
We don’t chlorinate our water, though. It doesn’t have any of the icky things chlorine is good for.

We get some hydrogen sulfide where I’m at. Every once in a while i treat the well with some bleach. Clears the smell right up. Eventually comes back, but it’s not worth trying to continuously treat.

So Ireland has water distribution that is non-potable and then they bring in purified water for drinking? Is that just in the rural areas?

It was where we were, which was the west of Ireland. When you think about it, Americans are a little nuts for watering their lawns with potable water. But maybe it’s just easier to get, or we’ve just become used to it. In some cities they won’t even LET you use gray water (from your shower or laundry) to water your grass.

I have no desire to water my grass, but i do enjoy not paying city water and sewer charges.

1 Like

I replaced all of our grass with native grass. It’s ridiculous to have Kentucky blue grass in Montana. Our new home doesn’t even have a sprinkler system even though we have a well.

I’m through with the water/fertilize/mow/areate vicious cycle. It’s an evil plot foisted upon us by lawn service people and Scott’s Miracle-Gro. But the water bills at our house in town were absolutely awful, having native grass saved me hundreds if not thousands of dollars per year. In the end it was more environmentally friendly so that’s a good thing, too. And we could let the lawn service go since it hardly ever needs mowing.

1 Like

Our first stop after we rent our car from the airport is to buy a case of water. We take one each morning with us to the parks and save a bit of money.