Do you ever?

I’m sorry that they’ve taken the fun out of it for you. I would plan flexibility, book FPP for late morning, early afternoon, and lunch time ADR’s, do your must do’s during the time you know everyone will want to be in the park. I would do your TP’s to include RD, but duplicate the rides you can do during the first couple of hours in the afternoon. RD isn’t for everyone, for us it’s compulsary in MK and HS, but not the other parks. Good luck

3 Likes

I was thinking this just the other day when I read where someone had made a few detailed plans and ended up not using them. Said she didn’t really “get anything out of” TP-

I’m thinking, “Oh yes you did, you just don’t realize it!”

5 Likes

Many people have suggested letting them have the first day. I suggest the opposite. When we did our first trip 5 years ago, my DH was very skeptical. He remembered ambling around Magic Kingdom, being delighted by everything, and his parents certainly didn’t follow a plan! I asked him, “Can you just give me the first 4 hours of our first day?” and he agreed. We RD’d MK, rode loads of rides as walk-ons, weren’t rushed, and had a blast. We ate lunch and emerged to a park FILLED with people, rides we walked on had 90+ minutes waits, and we were about to use a (paper!) fastpass for an indoor ride with A/C. The kids were getting tired and we LEFT THE PARK to take a nap, which he needed more than the kids. We went back into the park for dinner and the fireworks show, and as we watched the kiss goodnight with two happy children, he looked at me said the words every woman wants to hear, “Babe, you were right. I’ll happily follow your plan for the rest of the trip.”

6 Likes