Do we know too much?

I see a lot of legitimate complaints about Genie but honestly Touring Plans isn’t always great at first glance either. DD8 and I sat down to make a touring plan for our HS day. It was her 1st time helping me plan and was excited. We are taking advantage of the early entry at 8:30 and going to 7. Beside an ADR for dinner I added I had her select the attractions she wanted to do. The plan has us starting with Lightning McQueen Racing Academy, meeting Mickey & Minnie’s, MMRR, Muppets, lunch, Walt Disney Presents, Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster, Disney Junior, Frozen Show, Alien Swirling Saucers then our 5:45 ADR. The plan says we cannot fit it Star Tours, Toy Storia Mania, Rise of the Resistance, Slinky Dog Dash, Smugglers Run or Tower of Terror. DD8 was horrified with the suggested plan and promptly lost interest and quit. I know how to move things around and get rid of some of the lesser attractions but a first time user might not.

2 Likes

Lol! But we will make that an INFJ+

It sounds like you are a master curator of experiences :slight_smile:

1 Like

I ran that by DS and, after some thought, he said “I think you’re just a really silly nerd”.
And then he said “This is the way”.
He’s a goofball too.

9 Likes

It me

4 Likes

same +

2 Likes

So they missed out on arguably the showpiece ride of AK- the Safari?

I love the trails but for Genie to not send them to the Safari is a fail IMO.

7 Likes

Wonder how many IN?? are liners? I’m strongly INTJ, as in my lowest percentage was 76%.

In a homeschooling website I used to visit pre-lockdown, that test was discussed and a weirdly huge percentage of us were INTJ. Especially considering how few of us there are.

1 Like

ENFJ

I would suspect a lot of Liners are _N_J

I think this is a poll for @Jeff_AZ !

It would be interesting to integrate into TP or genie.

4 Likes

Here’s the poll… :smiley:

2 Likes

Typically, I plan the heck out of our trip and by the time we arrive at a park I know the plan of attack for the first five or so things we need to do, when our ADRs are, and we are off. I usually never even looked at our plans again (sometimes for the entire trip!).

Having it in my head and not on a piece of paper lets us stop to look at the ducks, watch an awesome interaction, chat w/ someone interesting, or just to let magical things happen.

Basically it comes down to planning so I know all of our options and when something changes, we know what is possible and can make educated decisions on the fly.

I am unsure how Genie+/LL is going to impact how we enjoy the parks. I expect I will use Genie+ for one or two days of my January solo trip and I can figure out how it fits in with our touring style.

10 Likes

Question: what are all these acronyms in this thread? I have no idea what anything means….

1 Like
1 Like

You show up with very little foreknowledge or expectations and I reckon you can have an awesome time.

True enough for a one-and-done guest. However after your first trip you now have foreknowledge and expectations, so how satisfied would you be the second time around?

1 Like

That’s no longer a thing. No-one can afford to visit WDW more than once.

5 Likes

Right, because everyone here has only gone 0 or 1 times. And those that have gone are never planning on going back.

This is clearly the first time you’ve ever read any of my posts. Which is odd because there are well over 6,000 of them.

2 Likes

Favorite world: Do you prefer to focus on the outer world or on your own inner world? This is called Extraversion (E) or Introversion (I).

Information: Do you prefer to focus on the basic information you take in or do you prefer to interpret and add meaning? This is called Sensing (S) or Intuition (N).

Decisions: When making decisions, do you prefer to first look at logic and consistency or first look at the people and special circumstances? This is called Thinking (T) or Feeling (F).

Structure : In dealing with the outside world, do you prefer to get things decided or do you prefer to stay open to new information and options? This is called Judging (J) or Perceiving (P).

Your Personality Type: When you decide on your preference in each category, you have your own personality type, which can be expressed as a code with four letters.

3 Likes

Agreed, I really like the idea of A ticket attractions that allow all guests to ride once but not more than that to allow more opportunity for everyone. ROTR is a fail for this because while it’s a A ticket it breaks down and has very poor throughput. Safari was well designed to never have this issue.

1 Like

Was just being a bit sarcastic in good fun. No offense intended.

2 Likes

I’m someone who didn’t go to WDW for 15 years in my early adulthood and have now gone back with my kids a total of 3 times over 4 years (not counting the last 1.5 years of covid)

On our first visit back, I knew nothing about FP+ and barely had anything planned. I had only picked out some must-go rides for us that I remember liking and some I figured the kids would enjoy, being quite small at the time. This was also during the holiday season, so very busy. We had a great time. Never had the intention of doing all things/rides but instead picked some. Went for rope drop to catch the more popular ones. thats it. Oh and I reckon I booked a couple of FP’s upon arrival to some less popular rides because someone at our hotel adviced (I really didn’t know anything).

Going back for the 2nd visit, I obviously knew much more now including about FP+. I made bookings at the earliest possible time, got some high ticket rides, catched some by rope dropping, then just queued to some including a 2hr queue to 7DMT because my daughter wanted to go. Just a few days, 3 parks, 1 day each. Another great visit, never planned on seeing everything.

On the 3rd trip, I was getting quite obsessed with planning and staying CL, I booked FP’s 90 days in advance and got everything I wanted. Our trip was shortened because of flight changes and we had 2 days at WDW… We park hopped 2 parks per day but the CL FP’s and rope dropping helped us get to a lot of rides. This was by far my most stressful trip partly because of the very short time but also because of all the planning and scheduling involved, wanting to see more, stressing over making FP time slots etc. Still a great trip, but heavy.

Now here’s a shocker - I didn’t use a TP for any of these trips. I only used it to adjust and confirm some of my own scheduling but I didn’t have a strict TP to adhere to. Aside from the FP rides, we just winged everything else.

The point I guess I’m trying to make with this long story is that, I think, knowing more made the whole trip more exhausting and I’m not sure if catching the few extra rides is even worth it. I know I have a very different mentality than many here but I thought I’d share this view just for perspective.

For our next trip, I have no idea really how Genie will affect it but I’m kind of hoping I have less planning to do and can be more spontaneous and a bit less obsessed about schedules.

4 Likes