Do I Really Need _____? It's Packing Time!

My parents are snowbirds and my sister lives close by to where they winter so they send stuff to her house via UPS. Could you send stuff to your Grandparents house and pick it up from them?

We’ve never brought bubbles, umbrellas, or string lights. We always bring pain/fever medication for both the adults and the kids (as well as allergy meds and cold meds). It wards off evil spirits :wink:

1 Like

Very true. If you carry it, you won’t need it.

2 Likes

We could, but it doesn’t cost us anything to check the bag with SW.

You can buy the battery strand of lights from Dollar Tree. I think they are worth it at night!!! Pack them in with the stroller. I used a stroller bag last time and it was nice!

1 Like

Oooh! I’m hitting Dollar Tree for ponchos, so I’ll look for string lights there too. For $5 I’d rather pass, but for $1, I’d definitely give it a try.

4 Likes

You can totally skip bubbles!! Get a little fan and it serves 2 purposes- keep cool and entertaining him. They have tiny ones with foam blades. Or just play a game with him… patty cake/eye spy/make something up… toddlers will force all kinds of creativity. :wink:

You can look for glow in the dark tape/paint and just make you a little sign to tie on it or just put directly on it. I can’t remember the cost.

ETA: that way you can spot yours easier.

Glow in The Dark https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CH9Q5WE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_dtOpCb0M5X8T0

It’s a little roll but it’ll show you what I mean

We had a string of battery operated lights already so we took them along. They really were great at night! Even during the day it gave us something to look for (they were kind of on a silver wire). We also stopped at the baby care center in MK once and I picked up a bottle of pedialyte for my one year old. I have never purchased it at home so I’m probably not good at comparing but it was under $5 so I was happy.

1 Like

I’m back with another question: What’s the best way to pack my ears? They’re DIY and I’m a little nervous that the foam ear parts will be wrinkled.
So far my two ideas are to pack a hat box inside our hard luggage. Layer the ears and other items to fill the box. Or layer the ears inside my packing cubes in between layers of my clothes. Any recommendations?

Tupperware?

1 Like

I don’t think I have anything the right size, but that was the hat box idea. I have one that’s pretty sturdy.

I’d probably wear them. Then you don’t have to worry about wrinkles… you’re on your way to WDW, just wear them, no worries…

1 Like

But… I have 6 pairs :wink:

1 Like

Oh shoot, wasn’t counting on that…how many people are you traveling with?

1 Like

DH and DS2. I also have to pack our oils diffuser so the hat box ended up being a good way to protect both of those.

I was just stressing about packing too!
I bring the whole medicine cabinet lol. Our last trip my 4 yr old broke out in hives head to toe in the night. I was SO happy to have benedryl in the room.

2 Likes