Do I need to be tapped-in to the park in order to skip a FPP?

On the day we arrive we plan to check in to our hotel in the morning and get to Epcot around noon. We want to ride test track, soarin, and frozen if possible, but don’t care about any of the tier 2 fpp rides. If I book two tier 2 fpp for the morning (say, living with the land at 9am and SE at 10am), then book test track for 12:30pm, can we tap in to the park at 12:15, use our test track FP at 12:30, then start searching for other tier 1 same day fast passes (soarin and frozen) as soon as we get off test track?

Sometimes a skipped FP will drop off and you can go on to book a 4th, and sometimes it doesn’t. You just don’t know until you try.

1 Like

For those times it doesn’t drop off, what would the plan of attack be then? Go tap late? Cancel them and make a new unwanted FP to tap into?
(I’m also considering a similar thing in Epcot one morning…I wonder how many Epcot FPs are used this way)

1 Like

Guest services might be able to clear them, but modifying them to a later time to tap and run is probably quicker than trekking back to guest services. There are usually quite a lot of tier 2 FPs available at EP.

1 Like