DME Luggage Tags

Does anyone know how late Disney will mail the yellow Magical Express luggage tags? My trip is departing 9/23 and I forgot to do the magical express booking until 9/1. I have a feeling I won’t get the luggage tags in time. If not, it’s fine, we can always grab our luggage at baggage claim and still take the bus to the hotel. Just curious if anyone’s experienced this before.

I believe if you don’t want to pick up your own bags you can take your luggage claim tickets to the counter at the DME area and they’ll pick them up for you. Wait for someone more knowledgeable than me to confirm.

2 Likes

Yes this is true. But I think you’ll get them in time.

4 Likes

Thanks. I’ll probably just pick up the bags if we don’t get the tags (because I’m paranoid like that).

I too think you will get them in time.

5 Likes

I haven’t gotten my tags yet, but am wondering if I’ll even use them. We land at 2:20, plan to swim and then go to Disney Springs for a dinner reservation at 6:30. Obviously, I can take most stuff with me in a carry-on that I’ll need, but would love to have my bags before leaving for Disney Springs, but that obviously isn’t guaranteed. If I grab my own bags before getting on DME, do they give you any grief about that?

I’ve never had any grief from the bus driver about grabbing my bags before getting on MDE. Just make sure you don’t put the yellow tags on.

1 Like

Allow time too! Last month it was almost 45 minutes before any bags arrived at bag pick up.

1 Like

I can confirm that it’s fine to just give your baggage claim checks to the DME staff if you don’t have the yellow tags. We’ve done this several times and never had any issue. I can understand the anxiety, but it can take a very long time to get your own bags at MCO compared to other airports, plus your bag claim might be clear on the other side of the whole airport, depending on which airline you’re on.

4 Likes

I think you will receive them in time. I booked our DME for July about 3 weeks before our trip and we received our tags without a problem.

2 Likes

You all are awesome for all the responses! Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

We decided about 7 days before our trip to try DME and they fed ex’d the document and tags to us, they arrived within 2-3 days.

2 Likes

This is great news, Thanks!

Yup. Literally did this on Saturday. Just tell the DME attendant that your tags never arrived and they’ll fill out a form on their screen and your bags will be in your room later that day.

Friggin nerve wracking. But it works!

3 Likes

We also received them quickly. Did it 12 days before our trip and received them at least 3 days before we left.

3 Likes

Update - I got my luggage tags this weekend! So obviously I was worried for no reason. Thanks everyone :slight_smile:
WDW in 12.5 days!!!

2 Likes

Awesome!!