DLR room service?

We made reservations at DLR in July (yay!) and I noticed that the Steakhouse 55 is not open. I am not concerned about the restaurant being open, but that is the same kitchen that does room service.

Does anyone know if room service is impacted by this?

I’m not sure any resorts - WDW or DLR - have been doing room service during the pandemic.

1 Like

Just a thought, years ago I saw someone getting DoorDash, Uber Eats, or some variation delivered to their DLH room. This was in 2017 or 2018, so if they are not doing room service, that might be a viable option? I thought it was brilliant, as I am not always excited about what is on the room service menu.

2 Likes

I looked around on Disneyland.com and listed under Temporarily Unavailable for hotel updates is In-room dining. So, for the time being @Ms.BarbsWildRide’s suggestion of DoorDash or Uber Eats sounds brilliant. On the page I linked though have a section on dining options that are available so definitely look up what will be available for your stay to know your options to grab food on the way back to the hotel or on your way out in the morning to the parks.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for the suggestions. Late last night I read through all of the fine print and noticed that in-room dining was not available. (Thanks @lolabear_la for checking!) I was surprised because that is the one dining option that doesn’t require any special social distancing, but I know DLR is short staffed, so there are lots of adjustments.

I think we will stop at Trader Joe’s on the way to the resort and pick up some breakfast and snack items to fill in the gaps. And the Tangaroa Terrace does take out if we are feeling lazy.

1 Like