DLP and more! Share your advice that I may or may not listen to

I’m hoping that with DD’s discount we can spring for the New York one with the marvel stuff :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Oooooh yes definitely! That is 100% the best one currently!

3 Likes

Well I’ve finally finalized our December trip to visit family in Utah and Arizona. Now I know roughly what’s going to be left in the vacation funds to start booking this trip!!

I’m sort of starting to lean towards just picking one location and spending about 10 days (plus travel so a total of 12) in either France or England. Big question is which one?

2 Likes

Ahh Sophie’s choice!

1 Like

Several friends of mine who go to DLP regularly, from the UK, Switzerland and Spain, tell me they always try to avoid weekends. They say it’s noticeably less busy Tuesday to Thursday than Fri to Monday.

2 Likes

I guess it depends if you want to just focus on Paris and London, in which case I’d suggest 5 days in each is good to be able to do quite a lot.

Other places in France I’d suggest are the Loire valley with lots of chateaux and towns to explore. Or head to the Riviera or mountains.

In the UK you could include Windsor, Oxford, York or up to Edinburgh ( for a liner meet :grin:).

3 Likes

I could do one in Manchester too right @missoverexcited ?

I think it’s going to come down to budget as usual.

1 Like

Definitely!!

1 Like

Dusting off this thread! We had a talk yesterday and have decided there is too much we want to do in each place to try and do both in the same visit. I wish we could spend a whole moth away and do it all but that just isn’t realistic.

So we have decided to spend 10 days (plus travel days) in Paris!! (maybe venturing out to other parts of France)

We will do 2 or 3 nights in DLP, just need to decide if we want to start there or end there.

Then all the museums!!

4 Likes

I don’t think I could enjoy the rest of the city if I didn’t do DLP first. I think mentally I’d just want to fast forward to ‘the good part’ you know?

2 Likes

See I LOVE Disney but I’m just as excited for museums and sights in Paris :shushing_face:

2 Likes

Maybe do Disney in the middle?

1 Like

I thought about that too but I think someone told me it’s really close to the airport so that might not be the best :woman_shrugging:

Lots to plan and figure out! I needed something to do since I never get scheduled to work :rofl:

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Maybe you could come up with some kind of plan for January. An epic event of some sort?

1 Like

It’s not next to the airport but there is a pretty direct route from the airport to DLP. We are doing DLP in the middle of our 11 day Paris trip this spring. It’s very easy to access the train to DLP from anywhere in Paris. We are staying within walking distance to the Les Halles station and it will take about 40 minutes by train to get to DLP.

2 Likes

Remind me when this is happening??

1 Like

Thanks! Maybe middle would be a nice way to break it up. DH wants to move hotels anyway so we see more of the city.

End of May and possible into June depending on airfare.

3 Likes

We may end up overlapping some! We’ll be in Paris starting June 4, departing June 14.

We decided to do DLP at the end of our trip. I figured people will be too jet lagged to enjoy it at the beginning of the trip with the rope drop / stay late for shows type of pace. I did add an extra day too, so we’ll get four days at the parks (one is arrival and one is departure) to try to give us a little breathing room on the trip.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m trying to decide on this too. We get in free so it’s just a matter of the hotel nights I guess.

1 Like