DLP and more! Share your advice that I may or may not listen to

Thanks for this info. Will be checking them out for sure!

I’ve really started getting into my research this week to see if we have the budget to make this happen :crossed_fingers:

For those that have been. Does weekday/weekend matter much in DLP? Will 2 full days and 1 or 2 half days be enough, too much? (1 of those half days might be arrival day flight I’m looking at arrives early morning)

We were there the second weekend July. Crowds were not a problem either day. I can only imagine that weekdays are a bit better. The only attraction with a wait of more than half an hour was Crush’s Coaster in Walt Disney Studios. Things may have changed now that Avengers Campus is open in WDS, but our experience was great.

Two days feels like the right amount of time. On our arrival day we spent half a day at the Walt Disney Studios park, back to the resort (Hotel Cheyenne) and the evening at the Disneyland Paris park. The second day was a full day at the Disneyland Paris park. I don’t feel like we missed anything, it was a full day.

Again, with Avengers Campus having opened since we were there, you might want to budget more time for WDS.

1 Like

We were only there during the week but I think the onsite advantage helps you more than weekday/weekend.

It depends on what you want to do but I think two full days is enough. If you are going all the way out there I think 1.5 days is the minimum. We had almost too much time but we could have skipped a lot of things. If you want to do all the rides even like the kiddie rides or the WDW duplicates then you may need more time. And I don’t think any of us can comment on Avengers yet!

1 Like

Yeah Avengers Campus is a must do! (see my username) We also don’t walk/run from ride to ride, I like to be relaxed. Is there an airport that is better to fly into if we plan to start at DLP and then move onto Paris?

1 Like

Haha my bad! You can chat with my DH who is trying to squeeze in another trip for us next year!

You’ll fly into Charles de Gaulle no matter when. It’s northeast from the city center. You can take the TGV (fast train) straight from there to DLP instead of going into Paris and save some time. Then you can take the RER (commuter train) back into the city center. Happy to help with any logistics if you aren’t used travelling in Europe.

1 Like

Thank you! We are not used it but looking forward to it. We love using the subway in NYC and wish there were more options of getting around here.

1 Like

If you can do NYC then you’ll be fine in Paris! It’s not hard but it’s a few separate systems working together so you just have to make sure you plan out the transfers.

And you get cute little Mickey’s to help you navigate!

4 Likes

We will be visiting DLP mid week but only going for one day. We are staying offsite so won’t be able to take advantage of the early hours but I know that the time of year we are going (March) is not as busy as summer so I am hoping to offset that. We are also staying within walking distance to the RER and there is a route from Les Halles to DLP.

As far as a touring plan goes, we will most likely buy some ride passes if it proves needed but won’t be purchasing the package as that’s too much $$$$.

Are you going March 2023? Will you do a TR? I would love to follow along! Our plan is as early in May as we can, need to figure out when DD gets out of school.

Since DD gets us in for free we might be able to justify buying a few ride passes if we really need to. But I haven’t got that far into planning yet :laughing:

1 Like

Yes March 2023. I won’t do a live report since I will want to soak it all in (only one day :sob: but it’s better than no days :star_struck: ) but I will be doing one soon after! DH and I are the only ones who know about the DLP excursion. We will surprise the kids once we are there. I am sure my youngest will especially be glad after the museum visits to have a day playing at DLP.

1 Like

Here are some of my Paris tips:
If you want to save on trains, you can time your trip to arrive on a Monday and get a Navigo weekly train pass. It will get you everywhere you need to go.

I have really enjoyed bus tours in the day and river tours in the evening. Don’t miss the Eiffel Tower, Champs D’Elysses, Notre Dame + Chapel (if open), Montmartre, and the Louvre.

Two full park days are great for DLP, which (in my opinion) is the most beautiful Disney Park and deserves time to appreciate all the fine details.

3 Likes

Thank you! These are great!

I still think we have two more years to go before this reopens!

1 Like

Today’s research has been trains! Trying to figure out what order to do everything, start in Paris, start in DLP or start in London. I’m finding so many sites for booking trains. Is there 1 or 2 that are better? I notice some are sold out for the most immediate days. Is this something we will need to book ahead of time? IF so this gives me another question about how long we will need after our plane lands to get to the train? I’ve never traveled to another country by plane before!

I always book directly with the train operator. In France most of them will be SNCF. In the UK there were a few but no matter which you are looking at you should see the operator. You may likely need to book with separate companies for different legs. And you should absolutely book ahead. Doesn’t need to be months ahead but definitely as soon as your plans are firm.

What are your high level plans? One thing to note is that the airport is somewhat “on the way” to DLP and outside of Paris. So I would suggest going airport to DLP or vice versa.

I am MORE than happy to help you plan exactly. I will shoot you a message.

1 Like

Thank you! I’m sort of just playing with different versions of the plan now. If we do all of our hopes it would be nice to be in Liverpool on a weekend so DD’s friends won’t be in school. And like you said planning in a way that we don’t do a lot of backtracking.

The decision for me about Paris or DLP first comes down to jet lag, and which you have more flexibility on. I would normally cut myself some slack after a long flight and get a taxi to my hotel door rather than look at trains. Yes, more expensive, but so much easier.

If you are staying at one of the DLP hotels, it’s an easy walk back to hotel to crash for a couple of hours, but you will miss park time. If you have more time in Paris it might not be such an issue. You could always stay at a single hotel in the centre, and take the train out to Mickey -it’s about 45 mins and the train station is right at the park. Hopefully this link works, DLP is middle right on the map.
https://www.aparisguide.com/maps/metro.htm
Stay anywhere on the red line for most ease.

For the U.K., use trainline as it covers all the operators, does digital tickets and so on. You can also book DLP to London on train on this site. I’ve used the SNCF site as well, but trainline just seems easier for me to navigate.

One more planning tool I love is rome2rio. You give it two places, and it spits out all the options…

2 Likes

Thank you! This is helpful info. We will be staying onsite at DLP. My daughter is a CM in WDW so she gets us in free and a hotel discount! Can’t pass that up :grin:

Which hotel, do you know? You’ll have to see if you can get any insight into the Disneyland Hotel. I want to wait to go back until that one is open!