Disney's Skyliner

Thanks for enabling my laziness and not forcing me to switch tabs and google it myself!

4 Likes

YVW. I aim to please

2 Likes

Iā€™ve read that the ride system is more or less ready, but there is still work to be done on the stations. But I agree; the original plan was for it to be open a month or two before SWGE, so I think sometime in July is reasonable; perhaps theyā€™ll time it with the 4thā€¦

2 Likes

Interesting. I had always been under the impression that both benches ā€œfaced forwardā€, with the rear bench being slightly elevated. Obviously not the caseā€¦

I thought I saw a photo, similar to the one @OBNurseNH posted, that showed one bench flipped up for more room for ECVs. I donā€™t recall if it was on TP or WDWMagic. I couldnā€™t find it just now.

1 Like

Is generation gap bridge between AOA and POP closed? Someone mentioned this but Disney didnā€™t announce any bridge closures during the skyline construction? The website doesnā€™t show anything, only pool closures in 2020.

Last I read, there were construction walls around the station, but you can still cross the bridge.

I saw 2 day ago that the cover came off one due to high winds. I think that is why they took the others off, the cat was out of the bag (thanks mother nature.)

There were a few others that were uncovered already though. I wasnā€™t sure why they said that since I had seen some uncovered well before that statement was made

There are pictures of one with the wrap literally hanging by a thread, I think on BlogMickeyā€™s site.

But they have also uncovered several others.

However, testing on the CBR to Epcot IG line is well behind the others, with a lot of work still needed at the Riviera station. Itā€™s possible they could open in phases though. I havenā€™t seen anything yet on current thinking.

1 Like

Part of the bridge is has the construction boards up, however it is still possible to cross the bridge, just a little bit more narrow of a walkway. I used it on May 7.

Hereā€™s an update on the EP lineā€¦

https://www.wdwmagic.com/transportation/walt-disney-world-gondola-system/news/17may2019-photos---disney-skyliner-testing-on-the-epcot-line.htm