Disney's Skyliner

Hello. Are there any news about the opening date of the Skyliner?

1 Like

Not yet! The expectation is pretty soon though. Many of the non-character gondolas have been unwrapped and they’ve done quite a bit of testing. I think there is still some work needed on the International Gateway entrance at Epcot, but the Hollywood Studios entrance is done.

When are you hoping for?

I hope it opens before fall, it would be great too have it working for our trip in August :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m hoping by August as well. We are staying at AOA

We will stay at Pop Century :slight_smile:

We should take bets - will it be opened before 29 Aug when SWGE opens!!!

I personally think it will be opened very soon - possibly before Memorial day. We shall see! Such suspense!

1 Like

Oh, I hope so! We stay at pop in June and would love to ride it!

We’ll be there mid April, and we have tickets with park hopper and I didn’t find a convenient way to hop between EP and HS

We’re going in July. I am secretly hoping it’ll be open by then. I would think they’d want to open it a few weeks before SWGE opens in order to work out any kinks.

Hmm, April may be a touch early. But you can walk between DHS and Epcot! Or the boats aren’t too terrible if your feet are tired.

2 Likes

I think that both walking or by boat is too long, I was hoping for a faster and more efficient transportation between the different parks. According to the Disney app it can sometimes take up to 1 hour ride between 2 different parks. In order to take advantage of the park hopping option the transportation must be more efficient

1 Like

The fastest hopping is probably between Epcot and HS, or perhaps MK and Epcot (due to the monorail). Waiting of boating between Epcot/HS is quite efficient in terms of time compared to other options.

3 Likes

Ryan’s right, DHS to Epcot is pretty much the second best hopping experience you can hope for! For other parks you have to walk to the bus stop, wait and ride the bus and walk in. All require going through security again except Epcot TO MK.

It won’t take you an hour between DHS and Epcot. The walk is under 20 minutes. The boat is longer but still well under an hour even if you have to wait. I think the Skyliner will be quicker than the boat, but it will likely be close in time to walking because you have to transfer.

1 Like

I love reading these posts…Since I have only been to WDW once, I never knew DHS and EPCOT were linked by boat transport. Upon further investigation, I discovered you can take the WDW boat further into Epcot and go directly to a launch in Morocco, for example…

G[quote=“Hoopsters, post:14, topic:57222, full:true”]
I love reading these posts…Since I have only been to WDW once, I never knew DHS and EPCOT were linked by boat transport. Upon further investigation, I discovered you can take the WDW boat further into Epcot and go directly to a launch in Morocco, for example…
[/quote]

Actually you can’t. The friendship boats between Epcot and DHS are outside the park.

There is a boat that runs from Morocco to the Canada side of the plaza at the front of World Showcase. It just runs back and forward between the two. To confuse you, it is also called a friendship boat but it is a separate route.

There used to be one between Italy and the Mexico side of the plaza but that stopped running a couple of years ago at least.

Those are actually different boats. You would get off at the International Gateway and then after entering the park head to a different boat launch.

2 Likes

Ahh…Good to know…The WDW map, I was looking at, just showed the launches and not that you had to change boats once within EPCOT.

1 Like

I can see a scenario where they open the Skyliner to DHS before the extension to Epcot. Clearly with all of the testing, they are getting very close on that line. They are testing at the POP/AOA site as well. I guess the hangup there is when will the hub at Caribbean Beach be ready.

I’m sure they will open way before Galaxy’s Edge open

Best guess: will the skyliner start operating in phases, or will they wait until the entire system is complete? If in phases, what route or routes are most likely to be first to open?