Disneyland vs. Disney World at Easter

Good afternoon, we are already planning our 2025 Disney vacation because I am a big-time planner. Our April vacation (April 22 - 26) next year falls on the week right after Easter (April 21). I expect both Disneyland and Disney World to be busy, but does anyone have experience that one is significantly busier than the other? We were in Disney World the week after Easter and it was busy, but with a plan it was manageable. Touring Plans lists Disneyland as “7” (Tuesday), “8” (Wednesday), and “5” (Friday) and Disney World as “8” (Tuesday), “7” (Wednesday), and “6” (Friday). We are coming from Massachusetts, our original plan was Disneyland in California but any feedback would be great.

I am planning on going the same week (also from MA). I am a vacation club member and I will tell you that the # of points to book a room the week leading up to Easter is much higher than the week following.

My guess would be that schools not in the Northeast will be having a short Easter break and returning Mon or Tue after Easter Sunday. I’ve been googling school calendars in the south for 2025 and they all look like they are in session our school vacation week.

Also- if possible, travel Monday. I went this holiday break and prices for flights were absolutely insane. We ended up flying to Tampa Monday and home from Orlando the following Monday and they were still quite pricey. If you are in any way able to drive, I’d do it.
This past April break crowds were not bad at all.
I anticipate they will clear out after the holiday weekend.
BUT, that being said, who knows!

I have been several times to WDW for Easter week(also DVC member) for when kids were in school(pre covid). To me it is always busy, but manage the expectations and know that it will be busy. We did early RD and stayed to 11-12 ate lunch in park or back at hotel. 1-4pm was pool and 2 hr nap. Then we headed to evening park…always better in evening as the temp cools a little and everyone has had a break. Then dinner and rides till close or close to it. We always drove ourselves except to MK. I would also schedule an off day during the week to relax. enjoy!!