Disneyland Trip Report January 28 - February 1, 2023 (Sisters trip)

Wow What a report!!

This quick trip I have next week (EEEK) is just my youngest daughter and I, and we are staying at the DL hotel. I’m gonna see if concierge can get us some sweethearts tickets, but I’m not hopeful lol. Never hurts to ask. Otherwise we are going to just have one day, starting at DL, and hopping over to DCA. I think I’ll make World of Color a priority, with it being the last night of the lunar celebration. Bet it will be a madhouse, but I’m up for it!

We’re just doing one day at the parks since we will be back in July (with my sons) and hopefully in Thanksgiving (with parents and husband, sons and daughter). Unless I can get concierge to book us some Sweethearts, then we’ll add on that extra night.

I have another daughter who lives about 15 min from Anaheim but won’t go to DL anymore!!! Should I disown her? Maybe??? Right now I just go and visit her, and take time to go to DL, and try to pressure her as much as I can to just feel the magic again!! Haha! I’m going to get her to go to Knotts at least. I don’t know why she won’t go to DL anymore. She’s doing it to annoy me. :slight_smile:

We use the military tickets to DL, so I have 4 days to burn at the parks this year, and I’m sooooo excited to hit Lunar New Year, even though it will be the last day. My daughter (youngest, not the one who lives in LA) is very into All Things Asian, as we live in Hawaii (military). She is a super adventurous eater, and we plan to try to get as many Lunar New Year treats as possible. I’ve recently taken up Whiskey drinking as a hobby (LOL) and so I’m interested in the whiskey drink at one booth.

Anyway this sounds like you all had an awesome trip. I am originally from Yakima WA (I know I know… There’s a reason why hubs and I joined the military to get out of dodge!). I know SeaTac very well, but try to avoid travel there during the winter months, even though I have (yet another) daughter who lives in Bellingham. I’m so glad your trip went well, and I am in awe of your trip report.

4 Likes

We caught that show (I stalked the app to make sure it was running) and it was so worth it. That was for our October trip. What a gem of a show! But a bit of an effort to catch, I’ll say. I was glad I steered our group there and just “happened” upon the show. Had I told them that’s where we were going, they would have vetoed it. Gotta be sneaky sometimes with my crew…

2 Likes

This post was deleted because I just asked what an Irish Doodle is. Then I just googled it (bc duh) and SO cute!!!

1 Like

Awwwwwww - thank you! I’m hoping you had a wonderful trip. I loved the DL hotel. It’s a little out of my price range, but sharing the cost made it doable. Plus my sister got a Magic Key discount.

2 Likes