Disneyland Tokyo

Diz, I’ll try to post in this thread in real-time anything I run across! DH is frankly SHOCKED given my level of WDW planning that I don’t have this all sorted yet! He thinks I’m just being modest about my trip-planning accomplishments, but he has no idea how lost I am.
We flew to Taiwan years ago, and the only thing I remember about being jet-lagged was that it was hard to stay up late the first few days. (Of course I was much younger then.)
Who all are you travelling with? It’ll be me, DH, and DD24.

1 Like

SAME! Mine is shaming me so much. It is just the two of us - this is our delayed honeymoon to Thailand where we tacked on 3 days in Tokyo since we had Tokyo as a layover option.

Here is what we have thus far…going through must-do rides, must-eats. I guess I can’t book any dining because we are staying at Hilton Tokyo Bay and we really want to do Magellan’s so will see what happens. We also have no idea what to do with our bags once we arrive at the station - do we dump them at Hilton or is there somewhere to store at the station?

Sunday Nov 12 - LAND
Travel to Disneyland via JR Railway: Nichi-shinjuku (Marunouchi) → Tokyo Sta. (10 Stops)
Tokyo St. (Keiyo Line) → Maihama (3 Stops)
Train Time: 50 minutes

Rides: Beauty & Beast, JC, HM, Pinocchio, POTC, Pooh, Ride & Go Seek, Roger Rabbit, SW, Snow White, Space, Splash (the rest are nice to haves), Electrical Parade* (7:15pm)

Eats: Grandma Sara’s

Monday Nov 13 - SEA
Rides/Shows: 20,000 Leagues, Indiana Jones, Journey to Center of Earth, Searider, Sinbad, ToT (the rest are nice to haves), Big Band Beat, Believe (maybe?)

Eats: Raspberry Ice cream, Gyoza Dog (20k Leagues), Green Alien Mochi, Kirin Apple Tea Soda (zambini gardens), really want to get into Magellan’s

Purchases - what am I missing?? ornaments, reusable bag…highly doubt we will get popcorn buckets

It was a limited time old fastpass system return and I’m not sure when it ends so google because it may not be an option.

I highly recommend Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall and a special dessert (I had a strawberry cake but they rotate) and the ramen at China Voyager. I had the salad at QoH Those were honestly my favorite meals. I wasn’t as impressed by the table services we did in DisneySea. They weren’t bad but just not as in line with my taste buds. The table services were alright but I don’t remember anything so that lets you know it didn’t super standout. I’d honestly save my time and do quick service and snacks. I wasn’t too impressed with the castelleta cakes or whatever they were called. The popcorn was alright but I also don’t get the hype. :woman_shrugging: I don’t do a lot of snacks so I didn’t try for example the alien mochi. I’m just more of an attraction/show and table service person so I focused most of my energy on accomplishing that.

I will say do NOT do the tea at MiraCosta in the Chinese restaurant. It was the kind of chinese tea that was too authentic for my tastes. A whole lot of jello (some of it not sweet and with seafood in it) and a lot of weird seafood items that just aren’t up my alley. I was expecting more of a Hong Kong Dim Sum which I’ve done there and it was not that.

2 Likes

@timwarp are you there? If so, how goes it?

2 Likes

Tonight’s the night I try for a Porto Paradiso Harbor View room at MiraCosta! Apparently I can only book one night at a time so I’ll also be trying tomorrow night :roll_eyes: Wish me luck! Hoping this guide works even though it’s from 2018.

2 Likes

Didn’t get harbor view. Got porto paradiso palazzo view.

2 Likes

Woohoo! At least something! We leave tomorrow AM!

2 Likes

Got grand palazzo view and palazzo view after 11 billion tries. Saw a few harbor view but the website dinked out every time I grabbed one

1 Like

Sorry, couldn’t report in earlier! Leaving today. Had an excellent time, despite not nailing it like we would have at WDW. No meal reservations, no parades except for glimpses, no shows. Every ride we wanted using fast pass or paid fast pass, or short lines. Lots of popcorn and churros. Just walking around and seeing everything and being there was fabulous.

1 Like

I think the newness of it does that. It’s literally a brand new Disney park (to us I mean), that’s enuf for the best feeling.

2 Likes

We had the alien mochi for dessert and it was great: i wasn’t expecting each alien to be a different flavor (choc, strawberry, and vanilla? Banana?) Also did Queen of Hearts and LOVED it. Had to try the curry popcorn and soy sauce popcorn just because, and chocolate because chocolate, although we never get popcorn at WDW. I didn’t care much for the churros, but DD did. The potato churro was edible but weird.

1 Like

And yes, the 40th Anniversary fast passes are still a thing.

2 Likes

The Venetian Canal boats were a lot of fun - apparently the gondoliers are like Jungle Cruise guides, as everyone else on the boat was cracking up constantly.

1 Like

Yeah we just sat there quietly on both those rides.

We head there tomorrow! Disneyland tomorrow (Sunday) then Sea on Monday . Will be raining but that is just fine as a rainy day at Disney is better than a sunny day anywhere else. Maybe crowds will be lighter?

I still feel inept and hope I don’t fail my hubby.

2 Likes

You’re in Disney. You’ve already not failed. :wink:

1 Like

Hey, DizFinder, how did it go? Of course you’re too busy being in Bangkok to write right now! (I want to hear all about that part of your trip, too, as I lived in Bangkok for a year…when I was 6.)

Wow I am so late and need to debrief on this thread.

DisneySea has ruined all other Disney parks. It is amazing. But wow, the Japanese can really wait in a line!

2 Likes

I can’t wait to hear more!! 3 months to go for us!

1 Like