Disneyland Ticket Upgrades - News Watch

I just spent 1 hr 15 min on hold with Disney in order to attempt to upgrade my existing 2-day tickets to 3-day. The CM told me that at the moment, they are not upgrading tickets either over the phone or in person at the gates, but instead you have to buy separate tickets for any additional days due to the popularity of the parks. She told me to check back closer to my trip (early September).

If anyone hears any news on this front (or has received a contradictory response from another CM), post it here, please!

2 Likes

WOW! Way to rake it in Disney. I mean you can’t wait that long to make park reservations?

1 Like

Also I’d try calling back tomorrow and just see what the next person says. I’m still jaw dropped at that response. I wonder if the same applies to adding park hopper. Are they gonna tell you to buy another one day ticket for visiting the other park?

1 Like

Right now everything from the last half of July is fully available. So I probably have a while, and the day I want is a Thursday, so I shouldn’t have much trouble getting a reservation (if they’re still even doing those by then). But it would be nice to have it locked in. Also would be nice not to have to wait over an hour to talk to someone! (And the last 3 times I called, they said, “sorry we’re not accepting calls right now” (I’m paraphrasing and then the phone hung up.)

The wording she used was “we’re not currently upgrading tickets” or something like that. Sounds to me like that would include adding park hopper, but I can’t imagine that is the case.

I liked it and then took it back because I cannot like that.

I didn’t add park hoppers for Oct because I’m trying to save costs for our traveling companions and I told her we could always add them later (say we don’t get Spidey on our DCA day). I hope I don’t eat those words.

I was in the “hopper” upgrade category and just ended up just buying a two day park hopper ticket. Now I have two day/one park per day ticket to use.

1 Like

So they wouldn’t let you upgrade then. Wow. I hope that changes soon.

1 Like

That phone situation is terrible. If you can’t do it online don’t do it basically.

They really have us these days. All the power to do what they want and we’ll fall in line.

I’m holding out on booking Universal cuz I’m expecting a HHN announcement and want to do the early ticket where you get in at like 1pm or something. I don’t expect Disneyland will do Oogie Boogie since they aren’t doing MNSSHP in WDW so I went ahead and reserved DCA so with my luck they will do it and I’ll be buying an extra ticket. You know I will lol. I keep seeing posts like this and HHN Twitter feed for Hollywood keeps dropping hints. So fingers crossed

1 Like

Yikes! I have a two day, one park per day ticket that I am planning to use in November but want to upgrade to a hopper. I hope things change by then. I can kind of see the logic (although it’s still not fair!) of making you buy a third day separately, but where is the logic in not allowing the hopper upgrade?

2 Likes

I will say that I called in a couple of weeks ago after booking a good neighbor hotel/ticket package because we needed to reduce our tickets to two days rather than three days. (This one is for August.) I was on hold for a while, but the CM we talked to was awesome and when she sent the receipt email with the change, it now includes a little surprise when we check in! I guess we’ll see if we get it, but I think she threw some magic our way! It says a pin and lanyard for two guests. :heart:

2 Likes

Yes always the magic which is why we keep going and are willing to put up with it the two hour holds. :wink:

So they do let you downgrade tickets if they’re part of a package. I wonder if tickets that are part of a package you can upgrade since they’re aren’t paid for till closer to?

1 Like

Yes they can definitely do that, because you could just cancel your package and book a new one. Packages are always modifiable.

Except the room I booked is sold out now so I wouldn’t cancel but don’t tell them that. But our friends have a room at Fairfield so they bought their tickets separate so I wouldn’t do that to them too.

Ha ha! Even though you wouldn’t literally cancel it, I still think you could modify. But who knows - things are wacky these days.

1 Like

Problem is we’re doing DVC points for November so no package and that’s the one I need to upgrade. It’s so far off though. Anything could change by then.

But I couldn’t modify online. Had to call and be on hold for over an hour!

1 Like

I don’t think the phone CM knew what she was talking about, unless this literally changed today. Multiple people have reported on Chat that they upgraded their tix/added a day just last week at the ticket booths. There does seem to be an unintended consequence though, it seems to cancel your park reservations which of course causes issues every morning when you can’t get into the parks (and have to visit the ticket booths again). I am going to try and upgrade a 3 day PH next month to a 5 day, but it will be for December so won’t have to worry about losing the park reservations. I’d be nervous about adding days/PH to the current trip until they get this glitch figured out. Though I have to mention that back in 2019 when I upgraded a regular ticket to a Flex pass, I did not add Maxpass at the time…I added it another trip at the ticket booths, and wouldn’t you know my flex pass reservations got cancelled. So this is not something new with DL, unfortunately.

1 Like

I have a 2 day/1 park child ticket that my DH bought by mistake. I used the chat function on the app a month or so ago & asked it I could upgrade it to an adult ticket. I was told I could do that at a ticket booth. Now I want to add a 3rd day so may chat again & see what answer I get. If I find time to chat I’ll let you know what response I receive. Otherwise I’ll just stop by at a ticket booth when I’m there in 22 days.

1 Like

I would agree with Karen and not believe what the CM was saying. Sadly that has been the case with a few things around DLR. Hard to get everyone on the same page. Definitely have to change it at the ticket booth. I believe @btw760 had just added days at the ticket booth

2 Likes