Disneyland requiring reservations for SWGE

There is a newspaper article in my local newspaper (I live in Houston, TX) about how Disneyland is almost at capacity for SWGE opening (there’s only 3 onsite resorts, right? So I guess not surprising) and everyone will get a reservation for when they can spend time in SWGE. Just thought it was interesting! I think it’s a pretty smart thing to do: a 4 hour window to spend time in the land may be restrictive, but at least people won’t be completely miserable in a sea of too many people. Thoughts?

(Posted in WDW since I have no plans to go to DL and spend all my time here. With WDW SWGE opening soon after, I figure its relevant)

1 Like

Yep only 3 onsite resorts so much smaller footprint. As for the sea of too many people, oh it will be a sea. They are opening up (limited) reservations to the general public on May 2 at 10am PT in addition to the onsite guests guaranteed reservation.

All that said, we totally have an onsite reservation for May 31, but since our guaranteed reservation (that we just got yesterday) is on our check-out day of June 1 we may switch our 1 night onsite to Thur May 30 to be able to secure opening day. And we’ll see how we do with getting anything not tied to a hotel room on May 2 & then really decide when we’re going to SWGE for the first time.

1 Like

It’s also only for the first three weeks.

After that they’re using a virtual queue system with no time limit in the land, but no real details about how it works… as in, can you book ahead of time, like FP+, or only in the park.

But then of course, you’re at the whim of those in the land ahead of you leaving again. The virtual queue system could still result in a 3hr wait. No wonder DHS is waiting to announce their system for now.

3 Likes

Pretty much the story of everything to do with getting into SWGE. Even with the reservations that went out yesterday our email states we’ll get another email the day before check-in with details on how to actually redeem our reservation.

3 Likes