Disneyland Pixie Dust

We recently returned from an amazing and magical ten day trip out to Disneyland. We were lucky enough to have eight days in the park, so we took it fairly easy - touring in the morning, and exploring in the afternoons (inside and outside the parks). Before too much time passes, I wanted to share a few unexpected “magical” moments/things we stumbled upon that aren’t necessarily on the blogs’ “to do” lists for anyone who wants to add some extra (free) magic to their trips:

(1) Alice & Mad Hatter Musical Chairs - for us it happened at Refreshment Corner around 2:15-2:30 in the afternoon. It is so funny and the kids get to be involved in the crazy game they play. There is a pianist who plays the music and the Mad Hatter is hysterical.

(2) Mary Poppins Band on the Carousel - we just happened to be in Fantasyland on the ride when this happened! It was around 10:30 am, and I saw the band lining up on the side of the ride. They filtered into the ride and played right behind my daughter on the carousel horses. It was so magical and beautiful. If you see them lining up by the Carousel just jump in line to get on! There was no line the day we were there.

(3) The metal apple outside Snow White’s Scary Adventures - let your kiddo try to grab it. I won’t say anything else.

(4) “Hidden gems” in the Snow White’s Scary Adventures Ride - we did this in Disney World too because I saw the idea online. We brought a couple colored fake “gems” and pretended to reach for the gems in the mine on the ride. When we got off the ride, we gave them to the kiddos and to this day they are convinced they have real Seven Dwarfs gemstones from Disneyland.

(5) “Shaboom” in Carsland - It happened around dusk when they turned on the lights in carsland. If you can find a spot outside of Mater’s ride in the middle of the street, just stop and enjoy!

(6) “The office” at Lamplight Lounge - I still don’t know how this happened, but it is awesome! We had a group of 8 of us, but I couldn’t get a reservation for 8 at Lamplight Lounge, so I made two 4 person reservations for noon, understanding we’d have to split up. Lucky for us, apparently there is this secret room in the back of the restaurant with its own little balcony overlooking Pixar Pier and a little board game area for the kids. It’s amazing. I think having a larger party and a reservation for early in the meal window helped our odds of getting it, but I don’t really know the ins and outs of how they select who gets to go in there. You cannot make reservations, I’m told.

(7) Sitting with the engineer in the monorail - We arrived in Tomorrowland and no one was there. I asked the engineer if we could sit up front and she said “sure!” It was such a great view. I’d do it even if you had to wait for another train.

(8) Gaston - not so much a secret, but I do recommend finding him when he’s out and about. He’s so funny, and there was no one there when we saw him.

I’m sure there are more, but that’s all I thought of/know about today. If anyone else has more to add, please do so! I’m just so thankful that we got to be there long enough to really take these little moments in!

10 Likes