Disneyland Paris - Tips Please!

Hello all,

The wife, kids (10 and 9yo boys) and I are planning a European Adventure for this June/July and are ending with 2.5 days (travel in the AM from Paris) and 3 nights at Disneyland Paris.

I know this is slightly off topic from Disneyland California but I love these forums and everyone is always so helpful. I’m an experienced Disney World planner and can navigate those ins and outs without issue.

However I have some questions on this new to me park.

It seems pretty manageable. 2.5 days should be plenty for rides and shows etc, correct?

With that also being said, do I really need to do their Premier Access? If it’s worth it I’m fully on board, just wondering if it’s truly necessary for that time of year and the park size.

Planning on staying at the Disneyland Hotel because not sure when we will be back and it’s right there.

Anything else I need to know?! Any good resources?! I normally use thr Unofficial books but sadly didn’t find one for Paris.

Thanks ahead of time for any and all help!

Matt

4 Likes

Howdy. I was just at Disneyland Paris in late March and we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel as well. It was absolutely amazing and worth every penny. This was our second trip to DLP, both trips we spent about 2.5 days and both trips we could have used more time (but wasn’t willing to sacrifice other parts of the trip for it).
We did not need Premier Access Ultimate at all the first trip (mid March 2023) but did have it for one day this year. It was much more crowded (it was the week leading up to Easter) so I was glad we had it. We spent that day focusing on the rides and the second full day focusing on the shows and other lower wait attractions, plus some repeats. Don’t miss the shows, they do take a good bit of time with waiting for them and the actual show, but they are all 3 worth it. Amazing quality! We could have probably made it work without Premier Ultimate, but I was so glad we had it when I saw how crowded the parks were. We did also use the Premier Access One for 2 different rides, one each trip.
I can answer any questions you might have, but will also link my two trip reports if you are interested. Lots of pictures and details in both of them.

https://forum.touringplans.com/t/paris-is-calling-and-i-must-go-a-trip-report-including-disneyland-paris/92977?u=wahoohokie
This is 2023 and DLP starts at post 240 if you want to skip the other NYC/Paris parts.

https://forum.touringplans.com/t/a-return-to-france-a-trip-report-including-disneyland-paris/98842?u=wahoohokie
This is 2024, DLP starts around post 171.

Hope they are helpful!

5 Likes

At what point did you buy the Premier Access?

2 Likes

I bought it 2-3 weeks before the trip if I remember right.

3 Likes

Thanks. I had it in my head that it was bought on the day like G+.

2 Likes

You can buy it (the Ultimate version) when booking your package if staying onsite, or anytime before arrival. You can also buy it the day of, if still available. Premier Access One can only be bought day of on the app, and can only be bought for 3 rides (can be any of the 3 that offer it, just cannot buy for more than 3 in a day). We did use this once the first trip for Crush’s Coaster and once the second trip for BTMR to avoid long lines. During slower times, that would be enough. During the week we were there this year, the Ultimate (something like 15 different rides) was worth it. It was quite a bit less to buy it for 1 day for the 2 of us than to dine at Lumiere’s for dinner so I chose rides over princess/prince dining. :rofl:

3 Likes

I would choose rides too! Thanks for all the details.

4 Likes

Thank you all for the help! I’ll be diving into this over the coming days.

4 Likes

Trying to plan out the add ons for a summer of 2025 visit. I appreciate all the info above! I do have some questions :face_with_monocle::cowboy_hat_face:

Must do restaurants? We are thinking either Remi or Agribah right now as our one sit down meal for our two day trip. But curious for anyone’s recommendations. Keep hearing Walt’s but it seems too nice for our two under 5 kids.

Ultimate seems spendy. Leaning towards rolling with 3x Premier One rides per day.

Thoughts on purchasing the reserved parade/show seating? Saw that was an add on and keep hearing about how good they are.

We will probably train in from Paris and saw they add-on for them to grab your bags directly at the train station. That seems worthwhile but curious for thoughts.

1 Like

Tough choice! I think that those are two of our best meals on and Disney property! I would go by which one has more that your kids would eat. They are both well themed.

2 Likes

Where are you staying and how much baggage will you have? It wasn’t offered when we were there and I would have paid a million dollars for it. I swear the bus stop for Hotel Cheyenne was 1000 Miles from the train station. But fast forward 3 years and my kids are older and we pack lighter and I probably wouldn’t pay for it.

2 Likes

Not a huge amount of baggage, probably 3-4 roller bags and a couple of backpacks. . We are likely going to end up at either Cheyenne or Sequioa knowing.

Thanks for the responses!

2 Likes

I can’t offer an opinion now, but in just 2 weeks, I’ll be on my to DLP!

3 Likes

Welcome to the Forum!

Disney Express. You will need to pay for this ahead of time. And you will need to bring your luggage to the Disney Express counter upstairs at the train station. We used this service because we were spending the late afternoon and evening at the park on arrival day and the last morning at the park. The service saved us a trip to the hotel to check in and drop off our luggage before going to the park, and on departure day, it saved us a trip back to the hotel to pick up our luggage. Disney Express also saved us time!

When we arrived, we took our luggage to the Disney Express. They took our luggage and they gave us our park tickets. Both park entrances are a stone’s throw from the train station. Our luggage was delivered to our room.

On departure day, we dropped off our luggage at the hotel’s Disney Express. We made it a point to tell them our train departure time so that they would deliver our luggage to the train station on time. We had to go pick up our luggage at the Disney Express counter at the train station before boarding our train.

I wrote about Disney Express here:
https://forum.touringplans.com/t/bonjour-bring-on-the-bed-bugs-a-chip-n-dale-adventure-in-france-with-dlp-thrown-in/96565/151?u=stlouie

We didn’t buy Premier Access because we were there 2 full days and 1 partial day. We took full advantage of the 1 hour Early Entry! Unlike WDW, EE wasn’t that popular! But YMMV depending on season.

Neither did we pay for reserved seating. We watched Mickey & the Magician twice and we had great seats both times. If I were to do it again, I would get reserved seating for Lion King. We were late so our seats were on the sides.

We ate at Remy’s, Walt’s, and Plaza Garden for breakfast. Remy’s and Plaza Garden’s food were excellent. The decor to Remi’s was exceptional! Walt’s decor was cool but the food was just okay.

3 Likes

Read your trip report. Really insightful! And great photos!

And really surprised about the empty crowds during EE. We will absolutely take advantage of that.

2 Likes

There are other Liners who went after my November 2023 trip. Avail yourself to their reports, too. I planned my trip primarily from their reports and then asking them questions. Have a magical trip to DLP!

2 Likes