Disneyland Paris 2021

Now you know how I feel.

3 Likes

You Americans and your bloody pools.

3 Likes

Well I keep hearing that August in France is bloody hot!

2 Likes

Perhaps we can institute a Disney exchange program!

4 Likes

Yikes. Sounds like Canadian domestic airfare!

1 Like

Fair.

1 Like

Yikes too, really? I’m very fortunate that we can usually get to Disney for well under $1000 for 4 of us.

Oh flying to Florida I can do for cheaper (but not $1000 for 4).
Flying within Canada… not a chance unless I get the seat and stuff the rest of my family in luggage.

ETA: Just checked…
Air Canada flight from Toronto to Halifax is $977.
That’s $977 per person. 7:50 AM. 2-hour flight.

2 Likes

:scream:

2 Likes

Wow! That’s rough! My daughter and I actually drove up to Vancouver BC to fly to China because it saved us 100’s of dollars on each ticket compared to flying out of Seattle. So I thought all airfare in Canada was cheaper. I stand corrected!

2 Likes

I’ve tried a few times to be a good Canadian and take my family to either of our coasts instead of spending our tourist dollars in the US.
But the flights are just ridiculous.

2 Likes

Just booked myself a three night stay in early mid-December. Crazy cheap: £555 for Sequoia Lodge and tickets, and £145 for flights. I’m hoping the cheap rates reflect uncrowded parks.

Also: yay. I might do this more often.

6 Likes

Oh man! I’m SO jealous! That sounds amazing. We were in Germany for Christmas in 2017 and I really wanted to make DLP happen but just couldn’t swing it. I hope you have an awesome time.

It’s looking less and less likely that my trip will happen so you will get to ride Ratatouille again well before I will ride at WDW.

3 Likes

So I had been in the same camp as you for a while and I JUST literally booked a consolation cruise for this fall in the US. But I wake up this morning with news out of France that they anticipate “welcoming” ( do they ever welcome us??) vaccinated Americans this summer! I’m so surprised. What are the thoughts coming out of the EU/UK? Does it feel like the tide has shifted? Obviously DLP still has no reopening date.

My MIL (aged 70) has vaccines scheduled later this month and her second in June. But I don’t imagine my sister and brother in law to get vaccinated before that. So would they be allowed into France in August? And then the biggest question of all, will my unvaccinated children be allowed in?? Just kind of need to vent because I had definitely given up hope of this trip happening.

1 Like

That is the price for 3 nights of hotel and park tickets for 2 adults? Of course airfare will be about $1,000/person from CA.

1 Like

That’s the price for 2 adults AND 2 kids! 4 days of park hopper tickets would cost me more in WDW than that.

2 Likes

I have so many places I want to go! Planning takes times. And then there is that pesky thing called work!

1 Like

Ok, as things look a little brighter in the EU and there SEEMS to be a path for this trip to actually take place, I did put together a very preliminary TP. It’s so hard without the software! I feel like I am etching on papyrus. Does this all seem doable? It’s crazy without the software to slot everything in for me.

I’m a little disappointed with the height restrictions. I’m shocked at 47" on Hyperspace Mountain which means even my oldest can’t ride at 45". I also don’t want to rope drop anything that the whole family can’t ride so it seems like I’ll just rope drop Fantasyland two days in a row. We also do have tickets for Saturday so can go back and do anything we’ve missed that morning before we leave.

Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday
9am Peter Pan’s Flight
Dumbo Alice’s Labyrinth
10am Tea Cups Pinocchio
Arrive @ 10:21am Casey Jr. Train Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
11am Storybook Land Canal Boats Small World
12pm Bistrot Chez Remy Au Chalet de la Marionnette Pizzeria Bella Notte
1pm Ratatouille Carrousel Buzz Lightyear
Toy Story Playland Autopia
2pm Nautilus Depart for Lyon @ 14:10
Toy Soldiers Parachute Drop (32") Frontierland Playground Orbitron
3pm Slinky Dog Zigzag Spin Thunder Mesa Riverboat Star Tours (40")
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (40")
4pm Cars Phantom Manor Pirates of the Caribbean Arrive Lyon @ 16:00
Moteurs…Action! Stunt Show Adventure Isle
5pm Disneyland Railroad
Tower of Terror (40") Aladdin walk through
6pm Flying Carpets Fuente del Oro Restaurant Agrabah Café
Crush’s Coaster (42")
7pm Sleeping Beauty Castle
Marvel: Super Heroes United show Castle Dragon Pirate’s Beach
8pm Mickey and the Magician show
2 Likes

So I guess I know why we commandeered the term laissez faire from the French! They say that you can book dining 60 days in advance but I woke up this morning and dining was open for the entire month of August. So I frantically booked a few things just to have.

Bistro Chez Remy (which doesn’t appear to be open for dinner)
Chuck Wagon Cafe
Captain Jack’s
Restaurant Agarabah Cafe

Chuck Wagon is at our hotel so it just seems easy on our first night. Captain Jack’s seems SO cool but I’m worried about the menu with the kids. I think we can find something but it seems VERY expensive. So much of the quick service looks really well themed that I lean towards just eating there. I’m hoping Fuente del Oro actually opens by August because we are huge Coco fans!

3 Likes