Disneyland on Feb 8th - Now live trip report

3 Likes

Got on the first BTMRR train!

Getting on it again now, line looks considerable longer then the announced 5 minutes. Have a 8:15 FP for Matterhorn later (can get my next at 8:18, will try for Space)

4 Likes

Got a 10:45 space mountain FP. I was originally hopping for an earlier time, but now I am thinking I will get on that after Rise of the Resistance, so I am happy with the time.

Still in line for BTMRR round 2

2 Likes

Boarding group called, I am going to use my FP for Matterhorn and then go join the Resistance!

2 Likes

On the FP line for Matterhorn! I got lost on my way here.

Got to give it to Imagineers, they manage to hide a mountain so well that I couldn’t find the ride :joy:

2 Likes

Matterhorn was amazing! Will be trying to get more FPs for it!

The evil queen was on my way there, I didn’t realize she meet people at Disneyland.

I am completely speechless about Rise of the Resistance! OMG! That ride is just amazing! Unbelievable.

I am now on the Single rider line for MFSR. It was not planned, but I got on a Star Wars mood :smiley: The Single rider line is considerably more boring then stand by. While in line I got a 13h20 FP for Indiana Jones, let’s give that a chance.

3 Likes

I love Indiana Jones! The music makes the ride, IMO.

2 Likes

Now I am sitting at Tomorrowland, waiting for my 10:45am FP for Space and resting my feet a little.

Back on Batuu there was a small girl dressed as Leia, and Rey was taking her on an adventure, it was so cute!

I haven’t reached a decision on whether to park hop or not yet. I am leaning towards doing it, after all, there are 13 more hours of park time and I have already done or got a FP for everything on my wish list for Disneyland.

3 Likes

Space mountain was a lot of fun! I think I liked this version better than the MK one. On the single rider line, let’s see how long it takes.

2 Likes

Thank you for updating us! It is fun to get your impressions!

2 Likes

There is a lot more spontaneous character interaction at DL.

2 Likes

Space single rider took 25 minutes. It felt longer, because that line moves really slowly. But it was so much fun!

I think the soundtrack helps a lot, I want that song on my playlist.

I am back at the SR for Space :joy: it looks shorter now, let’s see how long it takes.

The park is super busy since opening, probably some Rise of the Resistance effect.

2 Likes

The 2nd SR line for SM took 16 minutes. I almost went for a 3rd (and 4th in a row, counting the FP right before), but I decided to take a break. Now I am in Batuu, drinking a blue milk and enjoying the scenery. This land is so pretty! And there is always do much stuff going on!

2 Likes

I passed by Winnie the Pooh and it had a 10 minutes line and I had nothing to do until my FP for Indi at 1:20. So now I am going on this :joy:

I think the line was more like 5 minutes

2 Likes

Ok, I didn’t understand anything that was going on in WtP :joy: I will need to read the plot

But I’m glad I went on it. I think I will try to go on dark rides that are on my way when the wait is 15 minutes or less.

3 Likes

I got a kids fried chicken at Plaza Inn, super tasty! And it is a reasonable portion. The restaurant is also really nice, a very pleasant place to eat and rest a little bit.

Before eating I used my FPs for IJ and Matterhorn. I loved IJ, it was a very nice surprise! I knew it was the same ride as Dinousar with a different theming, so I didn’t really believe it would be that good, but it really is. I might try to SR it later, so I can see more details. My original plan was to repeat Matterhorn as a SR, but I found it to hard on the neck for a immediate repeat. I have a 3:15pm FP for Star Tours and the next is a 7:25 to BTMRR (I want to try it at night).

I gave up on park hopping. I am really enjoying Disneyland, I want to have more time here :slight_smile:

The Plaza was a walk on at 2pm, at noon it’s line seemed longer then Space mountain :joy:

3 Likes

I went to Red Rose Tavern to get the grey stuff for dessert, another win!

I am loving the theming of pretty everything I see here at Disneyland! :heart:

Now on the FP line for Star Tours, it took 12 minutes to get to “how many?”. I find the robot in line really entertaining

3 Likes

There is something weird going on with Space mountain operations. I just went as a SR (4th ride of the day), it was the second time they asked for exactly one single rider on row 6 and I ended up riding alone. I am back to the single rider line for it again, as I haven’t gotten tired of it yet.

2 Likes

I went once more on Space mountain SR, the ride had a short breakdown while I was in line (I would guess 10 minutes?) but even then SR was pretty fast.

I decided to take a ride on the railway to go from Tomorrowland to New Orleans. I was definitely not expecting to see dinosaurs along the way :joy:

I went once more on IJ (single rider). The ride continued to be great, but I was not a fan of this SR line. Very confusing, and even though there were very few people there, it still took 40 minutes (stand by was 55), and you miss most if the queue theming. I would rather do stand by.

I noticed that Jungle cruise had a 10 minutes wait and decided to try it out, as I have never been. I even liked the jokes, but it was pretty akward because nobody laughed. Another one for my “glad I tried, won’t repeat by myself” list.

Currently in line for Go gadget. It was mostly a excuse to see Toontown, but it looks like a fun little coaster.

2 Likes

It’s the worst when no one laughs at JC! People need to lighten up!

2 Likes