Hi Disneyland experts! I need your help
I am going to Disneyland for the first time on Saturday, February 8th, staying offsite, for just one day, by myself.
Context: I have recently been to WDW -[Trip report - 13 adults], this time I have a work trip to California, and since I have never been to Disneyland I decided to try it out. I have been to DCA when I was younger. I love coasters, but don’t like drops nor inversions. I am dead inside for fireworks and dark rides, unfortunately.
My trip goals are: RotR, coasters (Matterhorn, Space, Big Thunder) and staying awake as late as possible (I will be coming from Europe, so 9 hours of jet lag).
Plans (with associated questions):
- Ticket with Maxpass (still pending decision on park hopping)
- Arrive at LAX the night before (probably taking a Lyft, it seems to be as cost efficient as taking a shuttle - let me know if that’s wrong)
- Stay at a hotel on West Disney Way.
- Wake up early and go to Disneyland, planning to leave at 7am and walk there - is that early enough? Any place to eat while I wait for rope drop? Any place to stay after entering?
- Be on time.gov until 7 seconds before opening, open Disneyland app and try for a BG
- Grab a FP for Matterhorn and go to BTMRR
- Repeat BTMRR until lines get over 15 minutes
- Matterhorn - try to repeat with Single rider and/or get more FP
- Get FP for Indi
- Space single rider as many times as I can (get FP when possible)
- If line is short enough, Star Tours
- Indiana Jones
- Repeat (go on RotR whenever called)
- Food: Docking bay 7, fried chicken at Plaza Inn
Are there any obvious inefficiencies? Anything that I am missing? Anything that is over ambitious? Any tips that you want to share? I know it is not ideal to go to Disneyland on a Saturday without EMH access but it is my only option.