Disneyland Genie+

Has anyone else heard rumbles that they are going to announce the rollout of genie 🧞‍♂️ + at DLR this week?

1 Like

I haven’t seen anything official, but I would be surprised if we got to the end of this week without at least some announcement.

We have been trying to figure out which Nov weekend we would be taking a trip to see the holiday stuff and we finally ruled out this upcoming weekend, but are now most likely going next weekend leading up to Thanksgiving so I’m all but counting on it being around when we go (we won’t be buying it as are happy to hit the park early and go for a couple of hours and then kick back and enjoy food, characters, ambiance, lesser attractions and maybe get back into lines after fireworks).

3 Likes

We are going to be there Sunday, Monday and Tuesday of that week and I had the same thoughts. We will probably get it, as we are going with a friend who hasn’t been in about a decade and we want her to get in as much as possible. It looks like it is going to be super busy.

3 Likes

Same.

That is when I will be there and am fully anticipating a go live just before or during my trip.

2 Likes

You guys will have to be our eyes and “ears“ then if it goes live during your trips. My fam is going 12/26–12/28 which I know are the busiest days of the entire year and I am TOTALLY STRESSING. We moved from Cali 3 years ago so this is the first time that we have been without having an annual pass and I am not used to the “need to get it all done“ mentality. One year we went 66 times on our passes! We could go and only do 1 ride and that was fine. But now it’s like a whole new park with only 3 days to do it all, busiest days of the year, covid changes, possibly Genie… I’m freaking out a little lol :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I follow the Disneyland nurse on IG and he seems pretty confident that there will be some kind of announcement.

3 Likes

Those are crazy days to go BUT a couple of thoughts to (hopefully) help ease your mind:

1. With Genie+ out by then (I think barring a major and unexpected issue, it’s sure to be out) you’ll be able to with its help knock out as many priorities as you can cram into 3 days.
  2. The blockouts for Magic Keys have made a small, but noticeable dent in that week so it’s no longer quite as crazy full and up to capacity.
  3. You’re 10 steps ahead being here to figure out a strategy. I always like to start my planning with what are our few key must do’s plan those early in the trip so there’s plenty of chances to come back if they need to be skipped for whatever reason, then anything else I plan gets sorted as either a “would like to do” or “do if time” and then we can prioritize accordingly. Having my plan organized this way makes it really easy to shift when inevitably we do have to go off plan and move things around.

And I just wanted to end with how much I hope you get to enjoy and soak the magic all in! We’ve been pass holders (out of state but go as often as feasible and at least 6x/year), and I can only imagine how stressful it must feel to work within those 3 days to DO ALL THE THINGS. But you got this!! :sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles:

1 Like

Even if drops right smack in the middle of your plan, even without understanding or studying the full course of unlocking double tapping and letting the windows expire to grab extra, you’ll do great and if worse comes to worse, you’ll be in the best of accommodations and can always retreat there and if I remember correctly it’s an anniversary trip… so ya know :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

2 Likes

But what is the daaaaaaaaaate?!?!

Oh yeah. Doesn’t impact me now.

7 Likes

I compared the rides to what I got done the 3 days before Veterans Day earlier this month. I got most of those rides done, and some of them more than once on my last trip. I’m not quite sure I would buy Genie+ for my next 3-day trip beginning Monday, January 31st. It is supposedly low season. Then, I’m not sure how other guests having Genie+ would impact my ride experience. :worried:

1 Like

So I just read on Instagram that there are rumbles it is rolling out Dec. 8. Anyone else heard that/read that anywhere? I am wondering how solid it is.

2 Likes

12/8 is go live!

2 Likes

That answers my question, :joy:

1 Like

It came through to me in an email

2 Likes

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2021/12/disney-genie-and-disney-genieplus-service-coming-to-disneyland-resort-beginning-dec/

2 Likes

Ugh! That’s my first day. After all the reports of how bad it sucks at WDW, I was hoping it would wait until next week.

1 Like

I am sorry. That stinks!

Omg so excited!

1 Like