Disneyland Announces 2024 Event Dates

Disneyland has announced the dates for 2024 events such as the festivals and Halloween time. Also Season of Force will be 2 months in 2024. https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2023/12/disneyland-resort-announces-event-dates-and-more-for-2024/

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing! Looks like our family’s first visit (28 June - 1 July) will be during Pixar Fest. Can anyone tell me which parades and nighttime entertainment are usually shown during this fest - are the Pixar specials on top of the usual entertainment like Fantasmic or World of Color, or do they replace them?

1 Like

I think this is the first, or at least first in a long time, Pixar Fest. I would expect WOC to still happen as will Fantasmic. Don’t know what, if any, fireworks will be showing before Pixar Fest starts/ends. Same for parade at DL.

1 Like

The last time they had Pixar Fest it was a new Pixar-heavy fireworks show, a revamped Pixar Play daytime parade (in DL) and then most of the rest of it was limited time food, merch & some character meets. There might’ve been a Pixar specific pre-show for WOC, but I don’t remember exactly what it was and I don’t remember there being a specific or different WOC. F! ran as usual.

It looks like this time around they’ve announced that the following (from the blog article).

Disneyland Resort theme parks, hotels and Downtown Disney District will have a Pixar twist of friendly fun for a limited time.

This festival of friendship is highlighted by heartwarming entertainment featuring Pixar stories. An all-new daytime parade, “Better Together: A Pixar Pals Celebration!”, will debut at Disney California Adventure park, and at Disneyland park, the emotional “Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular” returns with some all-new scenes. During the celebration, you may encounter new characters such as Ember and Wade from “Elemental,” Red Panda Mei from “Turning Red” and more. Additional entertainment and offerings will be announced at a later date.

So a new parade (DCA had a Pixar Play parade a long time ago that was retired and then revamped for the last Pixar Fest but moved across to DL & now it looks like they’re revamping it even more with a whole new name, and I’m guessing all new song and mostly new floats.

The fireworks show that ran last time will run this time too & it was sweet. Very Coco heavy which was amazing and we loved hearing those songs during the FWs, including a bunch of them in Spanish which always makes it a party in DLR with the heavy Latino/a population.

And new Pixar characters meets!!! FUN!

1 Like

@lolabear_la Have you been during Halloween time? Fun?

1 Like

More years than not since having a pass. I love it and I’m not a huge Halloween person in life, but I do like fall/autumn and do have a soft spot for Nightmare Before Christmas which does a complete takeover and overlay of Haunted Mansion. DCA also has an amazing Halloween ambiance at night (even on non-party nights but for sure the party nights take it up a notch).

1 Like

That sounds fun!

1 Like

It’s amazing. They take the whole narration and turn it all into NBC verse. The ballroom has a themed giant NBC/Halloween/Christmas gingerbread house set-up on the long table. They add all the characters in everywhere and it’s just so elaborate and fun. Riding it for the first time in 2014 got me curious to actually watch the movie that I’d never really seen start to finish & it’s turned into a favorite in our house that we watch every year now.

1 Like

Disney has now announced the dates for the After Dark events. https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2023/12/disneyland-after-dark-2024-more-nites-than-ever-before/

1 Like

May have to try and combine a trip to a hit a Star Wars Nite and Pixar Fest! My Cali family will go with me…I got one cousin confirmation already! Only 4 more cousins to get on board. LOL

1 Like