Disneyland and WDW Recipes - Blue Bayou's Monte Cristo to Trader Sam's Schweitzer Falls

Good Morning! I was going through my Disneyland resort recipes and thought I would share. I sure miss the Big Thunder Ranch BBQ.

There is more following. :blush: Thank you for looking and I hope you can try a few of these out. I am sorry that on most of them you need to enlarge to read

9 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

These are amazing! So fun! Thanks for sharing <3

1 Like

I have a friend who always has the best ribs. Not sure they could hold up to Big Thunder Ranch’s though…hehehe.

1 Like

That BBQ was amazing! We had 2 liner meets there and we ate and ate. :sparkling_heart: I believe it was 29.99 all you can eat.

I remember loving it almost 40 years ago. It was my parents only “must do”.

To be honest, I think that was the only way my mom could talk my dad into going into the park at all.

We would bee-line for the ranch and park my dad on a bench while my brother and I ran around the park for 6-8 hours. He’d spend the entire time there napping or people watching, just enjoying the “forest” feel of it.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing these! I have the BTR recipes, but I never was there for the AP days for the others. :heart:

3 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

I admit to being addicted to this. :heart_eyes::sparkling_heart::crazy_face:

2 Likes

Back in the day you used to be able to go to Disneyland’s City Hall and ask for a recipe

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

I was just craving this the other day! Thank you!!!

2 Likes
2 Likes

So I scored this book at the thrift store today and thought I’d share some of the recipes :blush:

4 Likes

We discovered the ranch the same day we became APs on an impromptu 3 day weekend trip we took for DS’s 3rd birthday. We had just been to DL 5 weeks before to “get one last trip before he turns 3” and that had been our 3rd trip in a year and we hadn’t bought annual passes for any of it because it just seemed to crazy of a thing to do. We learned our lesson that 4th trip though, got APs & since DH’s birthday is the day after DS’s we were at the BBQ the day of DH’s birthday.

It always held a special place in our hearts after that and only became more dear the more we explored back there & when I thought I couldn’t love the respite it offered anymore, the Miss Chris character that owner the ranch declared that my kids were “the true spirit of Disneyland” after interacting with them on a busy day. It was part of the best of the charms of Disneyland and I will always miss it and always feel gutted that even though Star Wars is awesome, I would’ve been happy to keep it and the goats!

2 Likes

If anyone is looking for a recipe I can check if this book has it :blush:

2 Likes